• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishhouse info

live4icefishing

Just went over 2004 fish regs. Starting March 1st you have to have full name,address, and driver's lic.# or DNR lic.# on all fish houses and shelters. Give e'm a couple more years and they'll want your Mom's maiden name and directions to your residence posted on your house.

Maybe they should make us put our phone # on there to so a potential theif could give us a call to make sure we are home before they steal everything.This really xxxxxx me off!!

One of the stupidest rules I have seen is having to have a name or drivers license number on a portable that doesn't stay on the lake overnight. Licensing portable no problem not complaning about that but when my portable is on the ice I am in it and when I leave it goes with me. What the heck is the difference if you have a drivers license number on it can't they run a check and find out your name? Stupid that is all it is I guess there are a bunch of people in ST. Paul that need to stay employed so that make stupid changes like this keeps them busy. I live in ND now and we don't need a structure license for any house and the only time a name and address needs to be on the house is if it is being left on the ice overnight. SD is the same I believe I know they don't have structure license can't say for certain about the name or drivers license number thought.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 01-22-2004).]

Don’t get all excited, most all of the new portables have a pocket to place your name in, so you do not have to mark it on there permanently. Still, I do agree it is kind of stupid to have your name on a portable that will not be left on the lake.
wink.gif

This has been the rule for some time now. The best thing to do is just put the lic # on the shanty.
The best rule in the book is, You must have a door that can be opened from the outside at all times.
The law clearly states that the DNR needs permission to enter your fish house. What if you need to go the b-room in the shanty? Or have your wife out for an evening of fishing! I've heard of a guy in a portable flip over house who would not open the door or window to talk to the DNR, eventually the DNR walked away and gave my buddy an ATV fine. My brother used to say, "get lost" when the DNR would come knocking at the door (btw, he get's his fishing privelage back on Friday after having two vialations in three years). The last ticket was when the DNR snuck up to the shanty at 10:30pm on a weekday with two other fisherman on the whole lake. He flashed his flash light in a window and saw three lines down, busted. "If you don't open the door I'm taking your Vexilar and all fishing equipment"!!!

I picked one off the shelf at my local conoco gas station this last weekend. That's the first time I saw them anywhere. I just wanted to make mention of it because I'm sure they'll be out to make a few easy busts as soon as it's March 1st. I know my house will probably be on a lake north of hyw. 34 so it will still be out at that time. I called the local DNR office and they verified it for me , all they did was move a comma and the word-OR-and that changed everything. If you just glance over it quickly it's likely to not be noticed. however in the New Rules section it does list the page number that the change is on. Seems very sneaky to me,just like the wording about houses needing lic's. Better get off now I'm getting all worked up again over this.

Maybe we should just "open air it" for a season or two, funds would run short and maybe they'd see the stupidity of their ways. Heck, If I don't like a manufacturers product, I DON'T BUY IT, Same difference. The pocket-book CAN be hurt there too. What are they gonna do? Require you to stick a stamp on your arsh? It's time the state reign-in these and the majority of the office pencil pushers they "employ", put boots on 'em and get them OUT where they'll do some good! If they think they're going to save Minnesota from itself, let them start there. Not busting otherwise law-abiding sportsmen/ women for having letters on their fish houses that are 1/8" too short! These people seem to be hired for their ability to "nitpick". Can you spell J O B-S E C U R I T Y? They spell it " DNR".Time to step down, NEXT!

Please clarify this for me? I understand you are saying that the 2004 regs state that EVEN if you have your name and address on the ice house you still need your drivers license number OR no name and address and just the D/L number. So basically you have to have your D/L number on it. That's what I have on mine now - no name just D/L number. What part are you upset about that both your name and D/L number would be on it? just take your name
off.

If I've misunderstood - let me know what they are really saying.

Thanks -- Vickie

He's saying, you need to have A) Your Name, Address, AND D/L number OR B) Your DNR license number. I have a problem with even having to license your portable. Just another way to gouge the residents of this fine state. There isn't a state around us that requires a portable to be licensed. I could even get past the license, but then to have to post Name, Address, bla, bla, bla....Forget it!!! I live here in MN, but I don't buy a fishing license here. I fish and hunt the Mississippi and buy a WI license for both. Then thoughout the year, I go to other WI lakes for fishing. $34.00 for an annual non-res fishing and $85.00 for my non-res waterfowl. Thanks Minnesota!

I have to agree on licensing a portable. I paid $12.50 for basically 45 days on the license this year after buying a portable in Jan. I don't mind paying for an annual fishing license or trout stamp. But requiring that I go to the county to license what is basically a tent/ to keep me warm while I fish is just plain dumb. What is next? will I be required to pay a tax on my fishing poles? 25 cents tax per jig and a license for that too? What is this, fn Canada?

you have 3 options for license on your house;
1. name and address
2. drivers license number
3. DNR number

Regs say, full name and address, drivers license number or DNR number.

It doesn't say name address AND drivers license number.

Not all people have drivers license so if you don't want your name on it you use the DNR number.

How about having to put a fish house licensed on a RV camper trailer that is already licensed? $8.50 to take it to the lake and $12.50 to fish in it.
I've never put my name, lic. number, dnr number on either my big shanty, portables, or camper. It's in my pocket I'll tell them! Been up to LOW and Red 15 times and have never been checked. Go to some lakes down here in the cities and get checked every trip.
Now that the DNR lost there right to barge into your fish house they will give tickets for everthing they can.

I was using my friend's house a couple weeks ago and was checked by the local CO (St. Paul). I didn't have any ID on the exterior of the house and he didn't say anything. As long as you are in a portable and can present a shelter license, i have to believe the CO's don't care. Has anyone been tagged for no ID on a portable?

yes, my buddy got tagged, i think it was like $85, i'm not positive on the fine amount. why does it bother people so much to put a simple dl on your fish house? i have 3 houses i had to put my dl on, and buy shelter licenses for every year for, 2 are portables. the fish don't care, and i sure didn't break my back putting on a license number. not aruing, just curious what the big deal is. GOOD LUCK on the ice.