• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St Croix Flat KOTC Upgrade

SteveD

What a beautiful night to be on the water. Warm July evening, winds were calm and the water was flat as glass, Twins playing the Chicago White Sox on the radio. The kind of evening that makes you proud to be an American.

I set up on one of my favorite St Croix flathead spots and had hooks in the water at 1942 with two nice bullheads swimming in a prime spot. I settled in and listened to the Twins shutout Chicago and all was right with the world. After the game finished I was putzing around in the boat and at 2155 I got a screaming clicker run and hooked up with a nice fish. From the way he fought I thought it was a big fish but he was a modest 35" length X 23.5" girth for 58.5 points. About a 24 lb fish from the flathead conversion chart. It was an upgrade for me so I put him in as a KOTC entry.

I'm kind of inching my way up the flathead board with a long way to go to break into the top 5. There is a lot of season left and I can't get there if my hooks aren't in the water. Look out Dtro - the St Croix flatheads are biting again.

7-28-0835X235.jpg