• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hail Call to LABS4ME

MIKE IN lINO III

Labs,

I think I am going to need a suggestion on where to bring my dog for possible surgery.

We took our Dog to an Emergency Vet in Coon Rapids and my wife is terribly upset at their attitude. She says it seemed they were only interested in the money. Anyway, I know you know alot of good people/places out there.... any suggestions???

NorthEast Metro if possible.

Thx,

Mike

Best of luck. Just some words of encouragement. Went through a similar event with our first dog. Lump in throat, trouble breathing/swallowing. Biopsy inconclusive but leaning towards cancer. Opened her up for surgery and was obviously a bad infection. Hope you encounter similar results. Extremely humorous ending to my story that I will add when I have more time and you hopefully also report a happy ending.

Pretty sure I know where Labs is going to send you. Don't let the longer drive alter your decision to get the best care.

Sorry Ken,

I was going to call you last night but my brother needed to talk.

The vet gave us some Pain killers, Tranquilizers and Steriods.

They told the wife to give her pain killers for the biopsy pain and Tranquilizers to keep her calm. We only gave her 1 pain killer. She is extremely calm for a springer, she's my second one.

We have been giving her the Steriods and she is doing much better. Makes me wonder if it just isn't an infection.

Anyway I told the wife to call and bug them about the results of the biopsy. I haven't heard yet.

Ken, Is their a time frame in which you prefer to take calls?

Thx,

Mike

Labs,

Thanks for the recommendations. I will be calling one of them shortly.

Update:

The Vet called and they said that the biopsy test didn't show signs of cancer, but I got the feeling that they may not have biopsied the correct area, per the Vets comments. They want me to bring her back in the another visit.

I will be taking her somewhere else to get a second opinion.

Thanks for the support, Maxx is doing fine. Breathing normal and back to her spunky self, chasing the watering hose.

Mike