• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins - Sox series

mnwild

It seems like we got to get into the 5th before the boyz wake up or just tire out the starter then pepper the relievers for the win.

Go Twins.

Lariano who????

So who do you drop.

Reyes and make Livan a reliever????????

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like we got to get into the 5th before the boyz wake up or just tire out the starter then pepper the relievers for the win.

Go Twins.

Lariano who????

So who do you drop.

Reyes and make Livan a reliever????????

Yep. Send the human tick down, move Livan to the pen, and bring up Liriano and give him a chance.

I knew this outing by livan would get the Liriano chants up and going in full force. He does stink, and it will not be long before Liriano is up here, by the end of next week at the latest. I know we all wished it would be sooner but thats not how it works.

Hester

Also was at the game. Most people I've seen at a Twins game in years. 40,000 some. I had a bad feeling that they wouldn't be able to win with Livan and sure enough, he was shaky after out number 2. Why does Gavin freaking Floyd own the Twins this year?

I would have felt way better with Scotty B...Oh well, trim her back down tomorrow and keep hanging around...

Also was at the game. Most people I've seen at a Twins game in years. 40,000 some.

42,700, huge crowd. You should have seen the walk-up ticket sales. Biggest crowd since opening day.

Listened to the Twins on the radio--- like always down here in Iowa,,, no TV for almost all of the games. Gordons call of Kubel's HR in the 7th was epic. One of his best calls of a HR since AJ's blast agst Koch and the A's in 03 or 04 playoffs. IT WAS AWESOME,, you could feel the dome through his call. Gordo is one of the best radio guys in all of baseball.

Big win for the Twins,, only .5 games out when down 4-0 in the 5th it looked like 2.5. I'am glad they made no moves,, keep the same guys around only builds confidnece in what they have.

GO TWINS!!!!

MUD

Just got back from the game, a little shaky for the first few innings, but it turned out to be one of the better games I've seen in person. It was by far the best argument I've ever seen Gardy get into, and finishing it off by kicking his hat was classic. The Twins definitely showed the caliber of team they are (minus Adam Everett, he's terrible).

The only bad news is my throat hurts like crazy from all the yelling and booing at the umps and ChiSox relief pitchers. Half game back and making a run at the title, lots of good ball left to watch.

As good a game as the night before stunk. I came in after mowing and saw they were down 4-0 and thought, "oh brother all we get is a split".

These guys sure are fun to watch. Gardy's episode was highly entertaining. I think he has been watching tapes of Pinella. I get a little worried about his blood pressure every time he heads out to jaw at the umps. He needs to settle down just a bit for his own good.

Kubel's dinger was huge. He absolutely crushed it. I about jumped out of my chair and scared my boys half to death. Awesome to see the love he got from his teamates and the crowd.

I sure hope we get another 2 1/2 months of this.

I about jumped out of my chair and scared my boys half to death.

ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets excited when watching the game at home. My wife and I were giving high-fives in our living room after that homer.

Ya, Gardy's head gets redder than most when he goes off. I wonder if thats from blood vessels and anger or because he doesn't wear a cap when he's doing the yard work.

Just for fun this morning I went onto the Chicago Tribune HSOforum and read the crying comments their readers posted regarding last nights game. I couldn't pass up the chance and had to stick the knife in and twist it a little. You don't have to register, just provide a online username and needle 'em.

Originally Posted By: Big Tom
I about jumped out of my chair and scared my boys half to death.

ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets excited when watching the game at home. My wife and I were giving high-fives in our living room after that homer.

And to think we were almost contracted by Selig and Pohlad. mad It sure would be a long summer without the Twinkies.

twins pull off the series just in time for griffey to stomp the next series. good game last night with two long balls justin/jason both three run dingers. now were only a half game outta first

I'm glad you all had a nice time beating up on the ole Wind meister, WHILE I WAS GONE, and unable to defend myself! LOL

Nothing much has changed since I left, Sox in first when I left, Sox in first when I got back. Same old, same old.

Did me some crowing up at the Pike Hole with some good ole boys who were having a laugh at the Twins winning 3 of 4 and I went up to them, wearing my 2005 World Series Championship White Sox golf shirt, and asked them very politely who was in FIRST PLACE, enough said, then went back to my Pike Holer burger, has to be one of the greatest burgers of all time. Half pound of beef, thick cut pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, 2 kinds of cheese and pickles. WOW. Washed it down with a few pitchers of Labatts and made a bet with the owner of the bar. Sox win the division and Ole Windy gets treated to a FREE Half Pound Pike Holer next year. Twinks win the division and I buy him a few frostys. So I guess I don't have to budget in the cost of my lunch at the Pike Hole next year!!!

Windy