• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about 2001 Yamaha 80hp 4-stroke

CNY Lee

I just had a new lower unit put on (gear failure from hitting something) but now there is a squelling noise from the motor that was there before or after the hit, not sure what it might be and wondering if anyone has any idea's? I was thinking the belt on top but it looks to be just fine.

Thanks Marine Man, it feels good and just in time for a big walleye tournament coming up this Sunday. I've been wacking them good but I'll need one or two mid 20"ers to have a chance for top 3. I've been pre-fishing last couple of weeks and managed to pull at least on 24"er ever time out now I just hope my partner can do the same and we should be good.

Oh yea, Anyone want to buy a great motor with new lower unit on it. It makes a little noise but runs great. LOL