• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hummingbird 931c?

Deitz Dittrich

Howdy all, was hoping a smart dude or dudette could maybe help me out here. As many know I took a little road trip to Ohio to pick up a new toy. It has a bird 997 at the driving console and a bird 931c up front. Love the unit, but it will not read my Nav Prem North Chip. The 997 will, and they are linked, waypoints will show up on both units but the map line from the Nav card will not. When I put the Nav card in the 931c it will not read it. Is this because of late softwear? Currently 3.940, however that too is what the 997 has. I assume now that the 931 is not designed to accept a map card even though it has a space to put a card.

I hope to call Hummingbird some time today, but was wondering if any of you may or may not have the answer to save me from sitting on hold for ever.. LOL

Dietz, I run HB as well, but I don't know about this networking thing. HB tech svc can be reached at 800-633-1468. Post back if you don't get resolution, I will get you some individual contacts down there.

What data is shared by the InterLink™ system?

Shared Data

Navigation Data

Waypoints & Routes

WeatherSense Data

GPS Signal

Data Not Shared

Wireless Sonar Link Sonar Data

CannonLink information nor operation

Sonar Data

Map Data

Thanks Jp--- still really didnt explain why I cant take out the map card and put it in the 931.. I really didn't care if I had to buy a 2nd card... but I have since found out that the 931 doesnt have cartography capabilities(IE Can use a Map Card)

DRATS!!!!!!!!!!! SO, now the decision, do I sell the 931 and get a unit that can or just live without mapping in the front of the boat. HOWEVER, the decision was made a little easier an hour or so ago.. Wife just lost her trasmision on her car.. OUCH!~

Congrats Deitz, I assume you mean when she lost her transmission she will be walking everywhere and you will save big bucks on gas, insurance, and such. Therefore you will be able to buy two or three new units from the savings your loving and now pedestrian wife has enabled you to buy? I am sure my ex would have done the same, then again she is an ex, and gone, said something about boats and guns when she was walking out the door if I recall. Then again, I was looking at a drop shot video when she left, so I am not too sure what was said. Seriously, sorry about the tranny. Maybe this made ya smile a little?