• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What bed do you sleep on?

Stickjiggler

Not sure where to put this but here goes. The wife and I are in the market for a new bed. We are leaning toward a Tempurpedic foam bed. Possible sleep number. Let me here the good and bad opinions.

Thanks

Andy

My wife and I shopped around a lot...the Sleep Number was a possibility but I didn't like that it feels like there's a board in the middle. We slept in one at a Bed and Breakfast and the dang thing was not comfy!

We ended up going to the Original Mattress Factory and got a great bed. We bought a Full Size as well from there and it's just great. Good prices too and if you want more or less stuffing/pillow top they can do that for you no problem.

That's my two cents worth...

This is really wierd. I slept on a memory foam mattress for three years. While i thought it was the most comfortable thing ever......every night I had to get up and go to the bathroom. Thought I was just getting old. Since I've gone back to my Serta (yum yum yum,I sleep through the night.

Yea, I know-don't ask me but it's the truth.

We have the sleep number and we both love it. We have the king size and it does have the hard strip down the middle but we have gotten used to that. Now when we stay in a another bed we are so happy to come home to our own bed.

Sleep # bed here too with the pillow top.

Had this bed for over 10 years and never woke up with a back ache. Went to bed with a few, but they were gone in the morning. It's a blessing in itself that each side can be set to different settings. Keeps both of us happy...she's a 30 and i'm a 65 grin

I've got a queen Serta no flip mattress and it has been great. No sagging and it is going on 10 years. Then again I sleep alone so that might have to do with the longevity. sleep I've thought about the Temporpedic and sleep number, but don't want to shell out the $$ now.

I am real sensitive to the heat thing too and that was my biggest concern with the Tempurpedic, but I have been happy with it so far. Its maybe a bit warmer than a traditional matress, but for me it wasnt really a noticeable change.

Sleep Number! If you agree exactly on beds then you don't need it I guess, but my wife likes a 25-30 and I'm a 60-65 so we couldn't agree on any single bed but this one.

I must have been one of the few who didn't care for the sleep number, so we went to Original Matt. Factory. Great bed for the price and you must flip them, don't buy one that claims you don't need to flip.

have to go with sparcebag bag on this one, if we were lokkin for one it would be a sleep number she likes a soft bed and I could sleep on the floor

if I aint sleepin I aint tired

We have the Serta no flip and won't get one again. It was fantastic for the first year or so, then started to sag. Maybe we didn't rotate (front to back, not side to side) it enough but for what it cost IMO it should last longer. The next bed we get we will look real hard at the sleep # beds.

Had this bed for over 10 years and never woke up with a back ache. Went to bed with a few, but they were gone in the morning. It's a blessing in itself that each side can be set to different settings. Keeps both of us happy...she's a 30 and i'm a 65 grin

I hope to have a 30 when I'm 65 too!

Originally Posted By: MuleShack

I hope to have a 30 when I'm 65 too!

wha wha wha ba ding bam (rim shot)!!!