• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

paint sprayers

GiantJackpot

If your just looking for a one time thing, then i would go to a rental shop and get a 1/2hp airless sprayer.

Depending on how much you want to spend...I bought a campbell hausfield 1/2hp .4 gpm sprayer a few years ago when we built new. We primed the main and upper floors and ceilings with 2 people (sprayed and then rolled over) in 4 hours...that's 3000 sf floor space. price was $400 new.

Like i said even if it takes you 2 days to paint it, renting would be cheaper still.

Remember even with a sprayer, you still want to roll it out afterwards.

I agree with the above, rent. Most paint shops will rent a sprayer, you have to have a balance on your credit card for the value of the sprayer, but most of it is credited back when it is returned. You get what you pay for with sprayers, so for a homeowner to get a quality sprayer the cost is prohibitive.

I have a Wagner that I picked up at Menards years ago. Sprayed stain on the outside of the house and cedar shakes, exterior latex on others houses, interior latex's. It worked great. Only thing I can recommend is that after you get it cleaned out is to suck a little diesel fuel into it. This will help keep all the internal parts lubed until the next time you use it. Didn't do this once and had to rip the thing apart to get pieces "un-stuck".

If you insist on buying I would recomend an entry level GRACO. They are a good pump capable of producing very good finishes. They will cost a little extra $$$ up front, but like I said before, you get what you pay for.

There's a hardware store in St. Paul, on 7th Street. Don't know if we can name them on here or not.

It rhymes with "Beven Warmers".

Anyway, I would recommend checking them out. I was in the same boat a year or so ago and they helped me out tremendously!! I picked one up from them and have used it numerous times with no complaints. Tell them what you will use it for and they'll tell you which one you'll need.

I'm pretty sure I have one of the mid-level Graco's. I got it at Home Depot, but not 100% on the brand. I once sprayed 1,000 sq. ft. in my basement in under 15 minutes. That was the fastest I've done, and it didn't turn out all that well, as I was in a hurry. Based on my experience, and pretty much everything you will read, you still need to roll everything, but it is much faster than just rolling it to start with.

I've put lots of time on my sprayer since I got it 3 years ago, and think it is well worth it.

They are definately worth it. I used mine again spraying cedar stain on 200' of cedar fence on saturday. Did 2 light coats in under 3 hours with out a sore back grin

I got a 12" extension for the nozzle wich keeps you from bending over too much.