• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

04 90 johnson 4 stroke?

fish2live

i have a 2004 90 4 stroke i was talking to a guy the other day and he told me that it is the same motor as the 115 with smaller injecters. is there any truth to this? if so can i just swap out injecters and have a 115 or is it not that simple? in the book they seam to have the same specs.

I think the guy is full of it. Find out what the part # is for injectors for your 90hp and find out what the part # is for the injectors on a 115. They are more than likely the same part #. Fuel injectors are rated to flow so many gallons per hour. The camshaft and the compression ratio is probably where the power comes from, could also be a higher hp engine tune also.

actually i did a little more research and found that they are the same motor. displacement is 119 ci but different ecm's. if they are the same displacement and preaty much the same motor why is one max rpm's 5500(90) and 6000(115)? just curiouse if anyone knows. and the 140 has a 125 ci displacement so that is a whole different motor.

If it has a different ECM then thats part of the power difference. The 115 has a tune to help enhance power. The 115 probably has a more aggressive cam profile than the 90 which will increase power. It will more than likely be way too costly to warrent upgrading the power to 115hp.