• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Am Going To Make A Bold Statement!

Shack

I think Channels are still under going spawn or are still in spawn attitude/patters.

Hit a tried and true low water post spawn channel hole on Friday night on the Miss. North and only got one run in our group. I checked my records from last year and the same (close to it) Friday night last year, between two of us, we landed 13 and countless runs and swing and misses.

I know the water is up a little, but not that much.

I know fishing is fishing, but with the Miss. North channels, they have been pretty predictable with their spots for many years. We gave them everything as far as bait.

All I know is you can hit this hole pre and during spawn and they are far and few between. Hit it during the post spawn and into fall they are stacked like cord wood.

A little back ground on this hole. It is one of the deepest holes for miles, located on an outside bend with rip rap on the outside bank and about half of the hole. The hole extends out into the main channel also. That’s what make this spot a prime location for channels post spawn. When they are done spawning, they come and hang out to feed and do what ever they do.

If we go back out tonight or Monday night (I wish with the stuff I got going), we are going to try a pre or spawn spot to see what happens.

I figure good info can come from a skunk night also and maybe it was just luck. Wait, with Miss. North channels, luck is not needed grin. Now to find an 18-20lb'er this time of year might take some luck and a little witch craft on the side whistle.

Good luck!

I think it is dude!

Did not even get a 4lb'er crazy

We will hit it up in a week or two. I wanted to go tonight, but a landscape project kept me going till dark.

I was how ever listing to Bear Farts and Fish Gutz to night and they where saying every species this year is off by 3 weeks. Mark and Larry do seem to know their stuff, but three weeks could be a push for cats.

Rockman,

You should be privy to this spot grin.

I am intrigued now on this situation. Maybe it was just an off night, but we always get fish in this spot when the time is right.

All though I will be occupied coming up quick for awhile, but I am all most ready to bring the boat out up hear in search of these channels. Plus I would like to hit some spots I have not in years, that have produced large channels. I got one of those River Runners on order and might have to test it out up in these waters wink