• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Indy

LMITOUT

Anybody watching this circus? How can there be this much trouble with tires? Guys won't even run more than 8 laps on a set because the cords start showing, and they're talking they possibly may run out of tires before the race is over. Huh? That's like saying there weren't enough baseballs to finish a baseball game! Nice job NASCAR.

They said tires typically last at least 30 laps at Indy and Goodyear had to bring in the tires they use at Pocono for backup. Should be interesting to see if they knock the walls down today.

Yeah, tires shouldn't limit the level of competition at this level of racing. These guys are tip-toeing around just biding their time until the finish and the fans are not getting the performance they should.

I agree, they are just riding around. The network can't go the 10 or so laps without a commercial break. I thought that they had Pocono tires there they could put on if things were bad? (and they are) Just lost the signal for some reason.

The NASCAR president just said that they have Pocono tires but they were only marginally better than the tires they are using if not the same. It sounded like they would only use them if they start to run out of tires.

they are saying teams have 3-4 sets of tires left... and they caution every 10-12 laps....54 to go?? how are they going to make it????????????????????????????????

One might not waqnt to use the extra tires as they are the softer Pocono tires and may handle different.

No choice but to take it very easy until the last 10 and then go for it. I would guess it will be a HMS car.

Go Jr. even if it will be a lame win.

Probably the worst race I have seen. Thank God I DVR'd it. Watched it in less then 2 hours. They used more tires then they used to use at Darlington. Close to a half million people at an average of $150+ per ticket. NASCAR is happy.