• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doe's any one own or hunt with someone who has a mossberg 935? What do you think of the gun? I am looking at buying one. Pros and cons, Also looking at a used one from gander or some place else. What should I look for? I know that the majority of you like the 3 B's. But I only have about $500. to spend. I hope you will help out! I know that there aren't a lot veiwing this time of year but I think about waterfoul hunting 365.

I would look into a Stoeger M2000. I have shot both the 935 and the M2000 and I like the stoeger alot better. It is modeled after a Benelli M2. I work at Gander and we have the plain black M2000 for 430 bucks. My buddy had a 935 and every 3rd shot or so it would not shoot, just click of the trigger.

I'm on my 3rd season with the 935. For me it has been a fine firearm. I have had no issues with 3 or 3 1/2 steel shot loads. However it is a single shot with 2 3/4 loads. The manual states to use 3 or 3 1/2 loads as it was not designed to handle light loads. It was designed for heaver waterfowl and turkey loads not for upland game.

Mal

I would personally use a mossberg for a paddle go with the stoeger atleast. Have you looked at the Franchi I 12 its the next cost bracket but I have heard its worth it. $600.00 and thier is always used guns to look at also.