• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

am/fm and CB combo

97 grand prix 113000

Anyone know of a good way to accomplish this (am/fm and CB combo antenna) and still get good reception from the radio and the CB. I was told a cb needs a 50 ohm resistor to use the stock antenna.

What I have now is a stock appearing am/fm antenna wired for a cb . Their appears to be a bulge under the shrink tubing that could be a resistor, haven't multi-metered it yet. The radio antenna wire is just a swingin' in the trunk and I get horrible reception with even the most common radio stations (93.9, 107.7, 99.9 and so on in Mt. Iron area) The FBI must have switched it over for their use when the car was in service.

I did hook up one of my CB's to the antenna and it did seem to work all right.

Also their is a little curly-q for a cell or something- not sure. Is there a way to use that as my am/fm antenna?

An AM/FM radio can use a CB antenna, a CB radio can't use an AM/FM antenna (well you can hook it up but the SWR will be whack and you're likely to fry the transmitter). If you want your car stereo to share an antenna with a CB then;

1) Mount a decent CB antenna on your vehical, the proper COAX cable for it, and tune it properly.

2) Run the output of the CB antenna to a Firestick AR-1A CB/AM/FM splitter.

3) Run one of the splitter outputs to your CB and the other to you AM/FM radio.