• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salmon/Lake Trout Fishing

HI Teresa,

The 6th of Sept. sounds good! Lets hope for great weather! Teresa even if you end up being the only one to make it, we will still go out weather permitting, so go ahead and plan on it!

So, it looks like Tami, Lisa, Hope and Barb can't make it. So that means we only need one day then. I was going to book 2 days if several ladies wanted to go. And was going to put half on one day and half on the other day. We have lots of people to take out on the boat this summer, I will now leave the Sept. 6th date for FM women. Just trying to schedule everyone.

So room for 2 more women, Musky Bait and Fishing Novice101 are you in also?

P.S. Remember your Trout stamp for your fishing license!

Heidi

You can e-mail me if yo have any questions at:

[email protected]

Char...I'd love the company. If my son does not go with me, then it turns into a quick trip, but if he does, I may extend the weekend a bit. Let's see how everyone feels about a young man on the excursion.

Teresa,

I only have room for 3 in the boat, plus John and I is 5. Please refer to my post on page #1 of this thread.

So I was trying to offer this trip to some of the ladies on the forum. If only 2 want to go, then we can take your son. But we only have room to comfortably fit 5. It can take more, the boat is a 26' Pursuit so good sized boat, but someone would have to sit in the cabin area, thats no fun and it gets crowded.

I was trying to make this an offer for 3 of the ladies on the forum to go. So lets first see what women want to go, how does that sound?

Heidi

Hi there! I fish on Lake Superior quite often. My boyfriend and I usually do pretty good too. A few nights ago a buddy of ours went out of Silver Bay Marina and caught about 20 and I think kept about 11! What colors were you using if I may ask? Orange and black and then pinks and purples have been the colors latley.

Hi Natalie,

Sounds like the bite is on in Silver Bay, that is great!

We fished the Salmon Classic Tourney up there in July this year for the first time, great time! Biggest fish we caught was 14LB Laker, we brought it up to be weighed, but not big enough to make the board. My tackle Company also helped sponsor the tourney. Did you fish the Tourney in Silver Bay this year also?

We run a mixture of spoons, along with Dodger/Flies and Flasher/flies. Dodgers: White/Pearl scale tape/with a White/Pearl fly.

The best Flasher this year has been the "Mountain Do" Inticer White/Chartruese Holo/Glow back with an "Aqua" fly. That setup has been great on lake Michigan for Kings as well, go figure!

Spoons: Watermelon, Monkey Puke, Blue/Green Unions, Chartruese Union, Electric Koolaid, Harley, Dog Bone, Pearl Yecks, etc.

In Silver bay the best spoon for us was the "Electric Koolaid", (Blue/Purple)

And the 14LB laker came on the White Dodger with a White/Pearl fly on a Thumper Rod with Stainless Steel line on it. Using 12 oz weight. I think it was back about 120' if I remember right. That would of put the bait at about 60'. We were fishing moslty in 820' of Water (FOW). Fishing the top 70' mostly. Really steep in Silver bay it is amazing how deep it gets so soon! I thought fishing over 450 FOW out of Knife river was deep!

The bigger Lakers this year for us have come on the Dodger/fly and Flasher/fly setups.

Heidi

Awesome! Yeah we fished the tournament and well I guess I can say I had fun! My boyfriend slept the whole time in the front of the boat. We caught two the first day and then nothin the second day. It kind of seemed really hit a miss, some people did awesome and others didn't get nothin.

Hey Natalie,

First day was very foggy. We don't have radar yet on our Lake Superior Boat, we have it on our Lake Michigan Boat. So we headed in when the fog rolled in, better safe then sorry when the fog hit on Saturday we went in, short day on saturday for us. Next year we will have Radar on this lake Supeiror boat also, just too much $$$ put into Lake Michigan boat this year.

Second day of the tourney was really nice, no fog, we ended up with 6, 1 was a nice Steelhead which we had to let go.

If you fish the tourney next year, let me know, we will say Hi for sure!

Want to come out on the "Womens Lake Trout outing" on Sept 6th out of Knife river Marina with us?

Teresa - I know the spoon names are great, I love the "nicknames" the Big lake spoons go more by Nicknames then manufacturers, pretty funny! Monkey puke can be real good some days. And you never forget that color nickname!

Heidi

I forgot how foggy it was on Saturday! That was pretty bad, plus one guy even got lost for quite a while. Congrats too on all the fish!

Also, I'll get back to you about the womens outing. I'll have to check my work schedule. It sounds like alot of fun!