• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ruger Frontier Rifle and Scope?

Cootz

I just picked up one of these in 7mm-08 and am starting to look for a good scope and was wondering if anyone has one of these and what they have one theirs?

Right now I've found Leopold's 2.5-8 x 32MM hand gun scope for $499 and Burris's 2-7 x 32MM for $335. I just want a good scope. I'm leaning towards the Burris for it's features, not price.

Depending on the money you have or want to spend get a leopold. I have got 2. Both are 4-12, but one is the vx1 and the other is a vxII. They are both or my coyote rifles. The one is on a 243 and the other is on the 204. The vxII is quite a bit better in the very last of the day. BOth work equally well during the moonlight though, and through legal light. The II is about $430 the other i picked up for 200.

I havent had trouble with either, My sling broke on my 204 and crashed it into some frozen plowing, but 5 shoots later it was a good as new and still is. Plus they have a great warrenty.

I'm typically a Nikon fan with Burris coming in second. For the money I think Nikon's are just as good as anything out there in the working mans price range. I've got four Nikons and two Burris's and one Leupold and the only one sitting in the gun safe unused is that VX II 6-18 Leupold. Hate the eye relief on it. Replaced it with a 6.5-20 Nikon which I love.

As far as the two scopes I mentioned I bought both of them last night and brought them home and tried them out. Both have too much eye relief. Looks like I need 8-9" of eye relief for the front two mounts to be used and looking through the Nikon, Leupold, Burris and Trijicon scope brochures I got no one makes a scope with that kind of eye relief. Now I guess I'm going to have to find a scope with short eye relief just to be able to use the rifle. Bummer cause I wanted to use it as it was intended to be used with a scope up front.