• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Angle eyes or glow devils

Duckman8

Now I would say angle eye's jr they are awsome I just got mine at the start of the season i could not belive how well they work for every kind of fish I would never go ice fishing again with out one but I must say I have never tried the glow devels I was in the same boat as you are in!!

thats a tough one. i slam fish on both styles. can you borrow the money to get both? or you can do what i did, i got three buddies to pitch in and we bought both cards. there are too many situations where you almost need both angel eyes and glow devils.

Ever since getting the Angle Eyes a couple of years ago, I was hooked on them. But, on Saturday morning I received the Glow Devils. Had to test them out that afternoon. By far, I had even better luck with the 1/8 oz Glow Devils. Gotta have both now.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I like the Angel Eyes best. Very versatile lure. Glow and Regular Jr's are hard to beat.

If you're fishing deeper water or are in a quick search for agressive biters then Glow Devils for sure.

They both have their time and place.

If I went by the number of orders as votes, it would be Angel Eye Jr Glows, then 1/8 and 1/16th oz Glow Devils, with Angel Eye Jr Reg and 1/4 oz Glow Devils picking up the slack.

You can see them at:

TackleCity.com - CLICK HERE

Save Money At Tackle City

They are in stock ready to ship fast. cool.gif

Does anyone use angel eyes and glow devils during the open water seasons? I have a card of each and was wondering if they would be useful for fishing Lake Osakis crappies in Sept./Oct.

------------------
Paul

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Glow Devils are now called Go Devils.

Thought I would bring this topic back up so you could see what others were saying about these hot ice fishing lures last year.

You can see them, get more info and and order them by going to TackleCity.com - CLICK HERE

Exude-

Bring those with you to Lake of the Woods this week. Hammered Gold Angel Eye Jr. or pick up a Sr. if you can find one. Perch colored Go-Devil also produced well. Jigging spoons w/ a minnow head actively jigged were the ticket.

How do you bait those smaller ones? Minnow heads, waxies, spikes, nothing? I've tried them a few times with no success confused.gif (better luck with small jigs/minnows)

I want to get in on all the action so any advise on how to use these lures would be great!

EDIT:

Sorry for the post I just saw the topic (its been a long weekend away from the computer) blush.gif

TV BOY-

No need to apologize. You also asked a couple good questions.

I typically bait my jigging spoons with a minnow head. I just pinch the minnow in half and hook the head end through the back. I'll then proceed to drop the spoon all the way to the bottom of the lake. I'll then bring it up 6-8" or so watching on my LX-3 and proceed to jig it 4-6 inches up repeatedly. As soon as it is dropping to the bottom, I'll jig it up again so I'm continuously jigging the lure and keeping it moving. Every so often I'll drop it back down to the bottom again and then bring it up again and keep jigging.

When a fish shows up on your flasher, I'll typically keep up the same jigging I was doing. That is what attracted the fish there so I'll proceed to do the same thing. If I don't get a strike, I'll either drop the spoon to the bottom or start coming up with it 3, 4, 5, 6 feet and watch the flasher for the fishes reaction.

Sometimes they hit it right away, sometimes it'll get scooped up off the bottom, and sometimes they'll chase it up.

It can be a very effective technique. But some days, it just won't work for you. Then you'll have to switch to something a little more subtle.

(I guess I should add that I primarily use this technique for walleye but Upper Red crappies can also be suckers for the jigging spoon)