• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Musical Ride...

Conditions were ideal yesterday evening to take in the R.C.M.P'S "world famous" Musical Ride on their annual visit to Selkirk, Manitoba. The mounties have been performing this exibition since "Noah" himself was a cowboy! wink

Their precise horsemanship display while mounted on those beautiful ad well groomed horses is a sight to behold if you have never had the privilege!

The Red uniforms that the mounties ware while on parade or while tendng many public functions is called the "Red Serge". It was once the standard uniform for the mounties and was originated back in the days (18TH century) when the mounties were called the "North West Mounted Police". Eventually their name was changed to the "Royal Canadian Mounted Police" or R.C.M.P. which stands today.

313_1332-1-1.jpg

313_1328-1.jpg

Unfortunately, the venue for this incedible exibition is not photography friendly. It's held in the rodeo exibitions grounds and the space is limited for the horses to really showcase their many talents. Another downside is the lousy backdrops that are totally unavoidable. Things like railed fences and grand stands don't make for great phot results at least not IMO.

I would have loved to have been located about 100 directly overhead while the "Ride" was performing their routine, it's really spectacular and these pic's do not give real justice.

314_1420-1.jpg

315_1522-1.jpg

After reviewing the many captures I took during this event, I found one that was rather appealing. Here it appears that the mountie is earning his trust with these kids. It appears that he has at least won over one of these kids, judging by the smile on the lad's face! (Maybe a future "Mountie" in the works)! wink

314_1451-1.jpg