• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

minimum bass size

dairyman

I just don't eat bass. It's not that they don't taste good they do as long as you stay away from the big ones. I will fish for bass only if I feel I can get a thrill out of it or find the chance at landing a trophy is at hand. There is simply no bass in the Midwest here large enough for me to want to keep going bass fishing now that im over it. After that I prefer angling Crappies, eyes, channel cats.

On the other hand I never been one to tell people what they can keep or not keep. If their an avid angler they should already know. I definately discourge keeping large fish from small lakes that cant sustain the population. But im not going to go down on them people that do excercise their right to keep such fish.

If one loves the fishing sport that much, one should already know what preservation is all about. We need not feed such introductions that hinders others from enjoying their catch simply because they don't view it the same way as we do.

As in many ways things sorta all just come together and work out for themselves in the end. It finds a way to happen. So if all the eyes were caught and kept out of that lake it will be restocked again with new ones. Or if people are keeping prime spawning eyes 16" to 24", rules and regulations will intertwine a size or slot limit. Like I said... it finds a way. The fun of fishing push us all to enact in a way to preserve or do what's right to sustain it. We need not take the offensive views onto others on that.

I agree with Deitz, my family does enjoy eating bass.

I will keep a few 12-14 inch fish to eat.

98% of everything I catch goes back in the lake when fishing with the family, when fishing by myself normally 100% goes back.

Lynn

A boundary waters smallie is as good as a boundary waters walleye. Clear cloder lakes may help that, but I like both of them. Just depends what I catch when Im there.

I don’t keep any bass. I primarily fish for eye’s. They are a fun bonus catch though. I have caught many nice-sized one’s trolling for eye’s in deep open water.