• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is a good place to fish for pike this time of year?

I think it depends on the forage for the lake. On the lake that I usually fish, the large females are gorging on ciscoes suspended deep during the day and sometimes come up on deep structure during twilight.

If you're looking for quantity of small to medium size fish, then the deep weedline usually holds good numbers. It's usually easier for me to troll this deep weedline between 2.5-4 mph and catch fish than to cast for them.

I just spent 5 of the last 6 days pike fishing on Tonka with a lot of focus on fast drops and deep weedlines.

I had my kid with me for much of it and we did a lot of casting because that's what he likes to do, deep cranks, spinnerbaits, rattle baits, etc. We got some bass casting and one walleye but only a few pike, and not too much for size.

We also did a lot of trolling, over deep weeds, along the deep weedline, and off the deep weedline. That was working much, much better. I also spent a few hours dragging around a sucker on a spinner rig but was catching as big or bigger fish on the artificials.