• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Grindstone lake in Northern WI

gcmedic1705

Better of going the extra 20 miles to round lake. buy a good map find the hinton bay access go out 1/4mile and fish finger bar. Or go west off the access to the point find 4-12 feet and fish. set up before dark an get off when its light out verry clear water. Keep the lights low. Grind stone is hard to fish! hit an miss.... Musky bay on LCO is great for Northerns an panfish in the day. Have fun

I have fished Grindstone multiple times. Summer and winter (thanks to a friend of mine). Very clear lake. daytime = good sized perch. If you want walleyes, setup just before dark. Weedline maxes out at about 16-18 feet. FISH THE WEEDLINES! Fish the edges of those or deep breaks. This summer, we found eyes on 25 foot humps off 30 foot of water. I know the lake has a pretty strick slot limit. Read the WI regs. Good luck. Nice fish in Grindstone..