• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hayward Wi

Going to be on Moose lake east of Hayward this weekend and wondering if anyone had any info on the lake. Supposedly its a class A musky lake but we will see. Any idea what the lakes like and what lures would be good to throw? I tried getting info from the hayward wi subforum but wasn't getting any response. Hopefully someone from here has fished this lake before and has some info. Thanks

Lots of medium sized muskies. The usual lures will do the trick. Cabbage beds, points, humps etc. Moose has always been a lake I'd go to for action. The Chip, Lost Land or Teal have better size. Moose is also a great smallie lake. I'd check with Pastika's in Hayward for update info and any lure recommedations.

After snowmobiling on it and pulling lures from the stumps I know what most people throw on that lake! Mark summed it up for ya. Its stained resorvoir water if that helps you narrow down color choices on lures before you pack up and head out. Post a report when you get back! I've never tossed a lure in that lake but have chased deer, bears, and bobcats around it.