• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many teenage girls go ice -fishing

Minnetonka

Hi,

I’m Minnetonka's daughter Becca. I was wondering how many of you go out Ice-fishing with your dad? And if you like to go out and spend the quality time with him.

PS: I’m 12 and please wirite back my dad is beting me 5$ if someone writes in.thank you

------------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike

[This message has been edited by Minnetonka (edited 01-20-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Minnetonka (edited 01-20-2004).]

Hi Becca!

I know you asked for daughters to reply, but my 15 YO daughter only knows how to IM, not post on a board grin.gif
She has been fishing with me since she was very little, and the last two years she has finally got the patience to go walleye fishing and enjoy the infrequency of the bite compared to panfish. After a compromise on which radio station we will listen to, she can sit with me for hours and really enjoys it.
BTW - We fish Wayzata Bay

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 01-20-2004).]

hi i have a 12 year old daughter and a month ago she said she never wants to go ice fishing but i talked her into going once and now she wants to go every time i do!!!!!!!!

Hi Becca:

My 9 year old daughter is my fishing partner and my 11 year old won't admit it but she loves catching the biggest fish of the day with dad...which happens much too often. You go for it and you will cherish the memores with your dad long after he departs this earth!!

------------------
lucky7

I took my 5 year old daughter once last year and now she begs me everyday to take her...

I have a 9 year old daughter who also wants to go everyday...

They aren't teens yet...but they want to go all the time with me, when I go.

[This message has been edited by Mongro02 (edited 01-20-2004).]

we just so happen to be taking a couple girls from up here at college ice fishing with us this weekend. They are amazingly excited, they were even willing to sit in the 35 below temps last sunday but we opted to watch football instead.

Hi Becca,

So do you get $5 for every reply that you get? I take my daughters with me all the time 6 and 8 years old. My 6 year old is hooked. She wants to go all the time. When I want to go home, she says just a little longer dad. They might still bite. My niece who is 12 also goes along with us alot too. Hope you get lots of money!!

Becca, I have a stepdaughter(shes 16) that goes fishing with us. She would rather go in the summer but does ice fish too. And when I was a teen a would beg my dad to take me fishing and to this day I love to fish. We go almost every weekend unless we have to work. Keep fishing!
Good luck and be safe.

Hi Becca,
I took my eight-year-old daughter out icefishing three times last year and she begged to go more. Friday is her birthday and she has asked to go crappie fishing for a present. I think she'll be happy when she sees the new tacklebox and ice fishing rods that I got her too. She's the best fishing partner I've ever had!

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)

Becca, I run a guide service and I was amazed how many dads brought their daughters with fishing this year. More than I have noticed any year before. Hopefully this is a sign that more women are getting into the sport.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I have two daughters...5 and 3...and they have been fishing with me 50 times or more. Some days we fish to catch fish. Some days we fish to have fun. And some days we just bring the rods but leave them in the rod locker while we go swimming at the beach.

Becca, My daughter is 13 now and has been fishing with me all her life. I use to bundel her up as a baby and take her ice fishing in my sleeper house. She has fished 2 tournaments with me now with a 1st & 2nd place finish. You can never send too much time with your dad so have fun with him and take alot of pictures you will injoy looking at them for years to come. Good luck.

Hey Becca...my 19 year old daughter still loves to fish with her ol' Dad...problem is she doesn't have the time to do it as much as she used to. She's now in her 1st year of college and she needs to carry at least a 3.1 GPA to get into her advanced studies. High school wasn't much better between sports and homework. Guess what I'm trying to say is get out with your Dad as much as possible, those days will always be with you in your memeories, and hopefully they'll help carry you through the times when you can't get out with him!

Good Luck! Ken

I have 2 daughters, they are 5 and 1 1/2 yrs old. The 5 yr old loves fishing with me, she gets a kick out catching gills and crappies. When the fish aren't biteing she's digging into the minnows, worms etc, or asking questions, that's alright by me.

The 1 1/2 yr old is a little small but it won't be long before I have her strapped to the pro-pole. I can't wait for these girls to get older, Daddy get's to show them all his walleye tricks!!!

Becca, I had my 2 year old daughter out to the fish house on her birthday last sat. The frist time she had been in one and I hope the first of many. She had a blast playing with the crappies that we where catching. She try pulling one up but did'nt make it up then it was back to playing with them.

Enjoy the time with your dad, he will remember those days with you forever.

Sifty

I have 3 girls that love to fish with dad. 6,7 and 9. Weather its for sunnies or muskies, I love haveing them in the boat with me and wouldnt trade that time for nothing.

Happy Hunting
Derek "Duck" Johnson