• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roof Vent Installation

jwhjr

I had a reroof started today for a hail claim. Part of the contract was to cut 3 new roof vents in. Well when I got home from work, they had already shingled over the places that these new vents were to go. When I mentioned it to one of the crew, I got that look from them like "Oh @#$%! we forgot". Sure enough, there were 3 vents left over. They're coming back tomorrow to finish the job and will cut in and install the additional vents then. My question is, what does it entail to cut in and install the new vents when the shingles are already on? Is it a big deal and something I should worry about being done correctly, or not a big deal at all? Also, what should I look for to make sure it's done properly?