• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any One heard from Deitz?

Sproguy

From my understanding upon reading the post, he was suppose to pick up the new ride 24 hours ago. What is the deal!?!?!?! Why haven't we seen pictures? Get it together Deitz or we will no longer look to for advise! We sit here all day with nothing to do but wait on the pictures of the new Cat. I mean COME ON!!!!!!!

Hope the trip went well! Congrats on the new boat.

lol, he was picking up his new boat down in Ohio. He had a good 10-11 hr drive each way to deal with, so who knows if he stayed a night or 2 on this trip. I'm sure we'll see pics as soon as he's back after how proud he is of finding such a good deal on a great boat!

Aaron,

That was the whole point of my rant! LOL

I want pictures NOW! It has been 24hours. When you pick up a new baby like that you spend more time looking in the review mirror then you do looking at the road.

I hope he is ok. More important, I hope the new Cat is ok! LOL

His plan was to bypass Chicago / Ill as much as possible. Said it was brutal on the way down.

Apparently he has tourney time this coming weekend, so he wasn't planning to stay and fish Erie. (Man I sure would have!)

The boat was even better than what he expected. That's all I'll say, as I don't want to steal any excitement from his report. He was planning to be home around 3 or 4 AM tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if that is still the plan based on Ham's latest "Where's DD" report above.

Made it back to the drive way about an hour ago.. As Fluke said, trafic on the way there was horrible...

You guys are one funny crew!!! Had to sleep last night.. in case anybody is wondering.. it takes a REALLY long time to drive to Ohio and Back!... REALY LONG!!! I cant say enough nice things about the dealership that I went to buy it from.. I know its a long drive, but if your in the area. .Buckeye Sports in Peninsula OH is a great place.. From the owner on down.. Just a bunch of QUALITY PEOPLE!!!! Anyway, I'm home, gonna go out and put the MN stickers on it now and maybe take it for a spin tonight.. then prefish in the the morning and have 2 tournaments this weekend..

Here are a few I just busted off in the drive way.. hope to get a few more later.

IMG_0698.jpg

Here she is.. I am going to leave the wrap on it for a year I think.. I kinda like it.. then remove it next spring or so maybe?

IMG_0697.jpg

This boat has bells and whistles that I could never have dreamed of having.. Will take me a while to get used to for sure... As Fluke said, it was in better shape than I expected, which I was expecting a ton!!!! I couldnt be happier, cant wait for the weekend and for once, I hope to draw last and see how many I can pass on the way out the lake.. LOL

Too bad you now have to drop another chunk of $$$ to get a Ford F-Series to match the logos!!

That deck is huge....it's what us muskie guys call a FFD...Fancy Floating Dock!

Congrats!

Quote:
Too bad you now have to drop another chunk of $$$ to get a Ford F-Series to match the logos!!

Sure looks like a F-150 in the picture. I think it is the same year as the one I have.

Very nice boat Dietz! I bet it just rips across the lake. What does that top out at?

Congrats on the new rig... Looks like a wonderful platform to fish from... Anxious to hear how it runs since I am thinking about possibly selling my Ranger....

I am curious as to the warrenty period on the Merc?

Just getting the itch like Bret Farr.... :o)

Deitz,

I think we can work it out and get you to hold the numbers (I have connections) on Sunday if you're volunteering. LOL. This will be the week you pick #1 and won't get to pass a sole on the way out. Can't wait to check that sweet ride out in person. Congrats and I will see you brite and early on Sunday.

Hey all, thanks again for all the congrats.. your all like my family and sharing this with you has been a ton of fun...

I just got off the water and had my first full day behind it.. (sorry Mike/Bullwinkle, it was on Rush.. LOL(tournament sunday) boat is flawless, driver needs a little training.. I wimp out at about 72MPH when she starts to dance, I'm still gaining speed and still have quite a few RPMs to go so I know she has more in her if I am man enough.

As far as bells and whistles.. I have been a DIE HARD Lowrance dude my whole life.. From day one! This boat came with the 997 side scan Bird on the dash and the 931 up front, and linked so if you put a way point on one, it shows up on the other. Its got lighted everything, hydrolick jack plate, security system(much like cars do) lift assist 80 lb Minnkota and everything that Bass Cat has(whom I feel make the best boat on the planet, I just wish they had a major dealership in MN)

anyway, I have 2 tournaments this weekend.. I am fishing the Disab Vets tournament on Big Marine with Ray Esboldt on saturday(neither of us has prefished, but its for a great cause) and then fishing the USA Bassin event on Rush on sunday.. will know a lot more about the boat then..

again, thanks everybody for allowing me to share a dream of mine with them.. I think its kind of silly myself.. I dont deserve a boat like this, and the fact that you all care about it makes it all that much more worth it!

Deitz again congrats. Sounds like a very nice boat and hopefully i will see ya at rush lake at your tourny when i work.

Sayin if you got up to 72 and was still not topped out...thats scary fast, but im sure you'll have it topped out pretty soon.

Have fun with the new ride in which you definatly deserve. with all the help and advice you give to fellow members and like seeing people catch fish. Now you got to help yourself with a new toy!!!

Congrats!

p.s. What time is your tourny on rush and is weigh in at flickabirds?

Sure wish you were fishing the Minnesota Bound tourney on Gull next weekend... Would love to see your boat up here with all of the big name pro's... Since like you I did not wish to donate the 1K entry, I will be an official observer and ride with two of them... Should be fun...

Let me know when you are up this way.... Would really like to see the boat and can show you a few good spots on this great Gull Lake chain... We have lot's of BASS!!!!

Sounds like a great weekend ahead with the weather.... Good fishing to all..... Joel