• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attention Vikings Fans - Friday!

LMITOUT

Limit, your sports seasons must be very boring, if you go into the seasons thinking, they are no good, why watch them because they wont win the super bowl/world series, ect.... Only one team a year wins the super bowl/world series so in your eyes the rest of the teams are worthless and the fans shouldnt even watch the games or get excited about them?

At the begging of the season about 75% of the teams think they have a shot, half way through the season 50%, and toward the end of the season 10% of the teams have a shot. I think the Twins, and the Vikings have a good shot to become one of those 10%, and that is something to get excited about! Do I think either team is going to be crowned champs, no, but it is possible at this point!

You're obviously too far gone to understand it so I don't think I'll bother explaining the difference, but I'll try to keep it simple for you and Jimmy Walleye: Some teams go into the season with a legitmate chance, and other's just sell hope to keep pepole like you blindly following along with the carrot hanging out front. It's been happening for 40+ years for the Vikings, yet the fans still have their spots picked out for the Super Bowl parade every year. "hope" and "chance" are two very different things and are easily discernable to those not high on the purple Kool-Aid. If the Vikings would prove something once then I'd give them a chance, but with what they've been doing I only see hope-4-sale and the "Lovable Losers" will continue down the same path of mediocrity.

Can't wait until Friday at noon!! smile

But isnt it every teams job to try to get the fans pumped up and excited for the upcoming season? If the teams dont do this, they would not have a team very long! I dont know what you have been reading, but I follow MN sports closely, I havent seen the Vikings say anything about being super bowl bound, although I have seen the national media hinting it!

It's been happening for 40+ years for the Vikings, yet the fans still have their spots picked out for the Super Bowl parade every year.

Isn't that statement right there the definition of being a fan. I guess if you can't go and cheer for your team and stick by them when they are losing and not just when they are winning, then you aren't much of a fan and shouldn't be commenting on the subject in the first place. If you were a true fan, you would think that they have a legitimate "CHANCE" to go to the Super Bowl every year. That's what being a fan for your favorite team is all about.

I will be in Fankato tomorrow morning. Hope to see you there Lmitout. Will you be the one wearing the Giants jersey??

Didn't Jerrod Allen say something about going to the SB when he signed with the Vikes?? I thought he did, I might be wrong thou.

That would be the hope I'm speaking of!

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
It's been happening for 40+ years for the Vikings, yet the fans still have their spots picked out for the Super Bowl parade every year.

Isn't that statement right there the definition of being a fan.

No, that would be the definition of being delusional.

Obviously you have no idea what it means to be a fan of professional sports team. In which case, like I said before, you really have no business commenting on the subject. So why don't you quit while you're behind.

If you don't want to believe in your team, that's fine. Just keep your comments to yourself instead of looking for an argument from those of us that stand behind our team and look forward to seeing them every Sunday.....win or loose.

So you are saying sports players shouldnt be hyped, and think they are going to win?

Lets put this into a pro fighters scenario. Would a boxer go into a fight thinking, I am so going to loose this fight? If this boxer goes into the fight thinking this way, what do you think his odds are of winning? Now compare that to someone with some confidence, of I have a good chance of winning, he is going to try harder correct?

Limit, are you a Cheesehead? You sure sound like one! In your eyes, which teams should fans go see this year? Which teams are selling chance, and not just hope? With you mind set the only teams that have a chance are the ones that have won it last year. Since there are 224 ? regular season games played, your saying that fans only need to watch or attend the 16 games of the Pats, and Giants, becuase they are selling chance, and not hope?

You guys are blowing this out of proportion once again. There are fans and then there are delusional fans, thinking the team is Super Bowl bound going into every season. Lots of delusional fans that lap up the hope selling every year around here obviously. The problem is that at the end of the year we (regular fans) have to listen to the crying, complaining, and blaming when it wasn't necessary in the first place because the team was put up on a pedistal for no good reason. You guys do it to yourselves by putting such high expectations on a mediocre team year after year. That doesn't mean you can't be a fan, but temper the expectations a little so you don't give yourself an ulcer for crying out loud.

No cheesehead here, but nice try on that bait!

The only football team I'm a true fan of is my fantasy football team and the players on it! But I do have some mild interest in other teams. I'm 4/4 in the Super Bowl and none of those fantasy teams have had a Viking player on it, go figure! But than again, I don't buy the hope at the rate you guys apparently do so that's probably why.

"Come Friday, I'll be doing alright..."

The only football team I'm a true fan of is my fantasy football team and the players on it!

Enough said right there.

Again, if you are not a fan of the Vikings....you have no business bringing up this subject. So just go and play with your Fantasy team and the rest of us will enjoy the real teams. Fantasy football is just what it implies......fantasy. But in the real world you can't have whatever player you want, and you can't draft them based on their proven records in the NFL. In the real world teams need to take chances on players that are unproven at the professional level when drafting them. Fantasy football kind of falls in the lines of Dungeons and Dragons with me, it's all fantasy.

Will the Vikes be in the Superbowl...I doubt it.

Will they be in the playoffs...they have a CHANCE.

This almost made it last year, and made changes and improvements in the offseason...so they DO have a CHANCE.

So, it is more than HOPE. Any team that has a chance to make the playoffs has a chance to go to the Superbowl. It is a slim chance, but it is there.

Fantasy Football is that...a fantasy. It is like bragging you have a high level character in World Of Warcraft (or whatever is popular now). To a non-player of FF or WOW, it means nothing for it is all fantasy.

You guys are too funny.

Ever think that to win in a competitive fantasy football league or leagues you have to have a pretty good understanding of the players, teams, and game itself? It's little more involved than just calling it a "game".

Again, if you are not a fan of the Vikings....you have no business bringing up this subject.

Last I checked this is the football forum, not the "Compare the hope you bought at the Viking's Store" forum.

Last I checked this is the football forum, not the "Compare the hope you bought at the Viking's Store" forum.

That's my whole point. Why did you open this can of worms then??

Hammer Handle is right. If you can make the play offs, you have a chance to win the super bowl. Just look at the Giants last year, they won the whole thing and this after getting their a$$e$ handed to them by the Vikings. In fact the Vikings also handed it to San Diego who also was a play off team, I also seem to remember a record setting day in the rushing department that day too. You should remember that when picking your "FANTASY" team this year, since you're so proud of not ever having a Viking on your team.

Lmtout posts belittling quirps in every Viking thread hoping that somebody will engage him. I don't think it's anything personal against the Vikes or any one of us. He just gets a kick out of getting the fanatical fans riled up. It's his entertainment.

It's kind of fun to watch, cuz he always finds a sucker or two. ;~)

GO VIKES

BTW: That is one of the craziest avatars I've ever seen.

LOL. Just having some fun waiting for the season to start, but the tough part is that people take this a little too serious and can't see the forest for the trees as the topic has went right over their heads. If you step back a second you might be able to see the humor I see in the whole "hope" thing. Wadinator is right, it's nothing personal and I "hope" others aren't taking it that serious because it isn't.

For instance, last year before training camp the hope truck was driving around selling something called Troy Williamson and that he went to some Nike camp and was catching 10,000 balls a day or some absurd number so he obviously was going to be better than the previous year....at least that was the hope being sold anyway. At the end of the season, December in fact, people called in to return their "hope" since it didn't produce as promised. One guy called in and wanted to return his Troy Williamson cell phone because it kept dropping calls......

If that ain't funny, I don't know what is. grin