• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I done hunting archery buck if....?

sorry for another dumb question...

i was just reading the new regs and read that the bonus tags are good for any season (archery, firearm, and ML). Are they also good for different areas? (ie. 222, and 181) I would assume yes, but double checking.

Yup, it's been that way since 2003.

Quote:
wrong- If you tag a doe in a lottery area you cannnot go to a differnt area and tag a buck, using a firearm

I don't think thats right, If I shoot a doe in Lottery area with my bow, and use my regular archery tag, I can still shot a buck in M and I areas with a "different" method i.e. shotgun, or ML. Am I right on this or wrong. Thats how I alway took it. Goes with the bag limit, One buck, and as many does as your area allows, in any combination of archery, firearm, or ML. Correct, Lcornice?

DMCatcher, you would be correct if you were talking about one type of season, like Archery only because your either sex tag would be used up in the lottery area for that method of hunting. Is that what you meant?

Also, haven't read the regs yet, but if I hunt 3B can I buy a ML, or is this still not legal?

Quote:
wrong- If you tag a doe in a lottery area you cannnot go to a differnt area and tag a buck, using a firearm

I don't think thats right, If I shoot a doe in Lottery area with my bow, and use my regular archery tag, I can still shot a buck in M and I areas with a "different" method i.e. shotgun, or ML. Am I right on this or wrong. Thats how I alway took it. Goes with the bag limit, One buck, and as many does as your area allows, in any combination of archery, firearm, or ML. Correct, Lcornice?

DMCatcher, you would be correct if you were talking about one type of season, like Archery only because your either sex tag would be used up in the lottery area for that method of hunting. Is that what you meant?

Also, haven't read the regs yet, but if I hunt 3B can I buy a ML, or is this still not legal?

i donot think you are right, butmaybe

Quote:

96Trigger is right and I added to my longer post on page 2. To answer the 3B question, yes you can buy a muzzleloader license this year.

Lcornice, you rock. I'm glad 3B can shoot the ML season now, always felt a little ripped about that, but not bad, never had time anyway. Of course, now I might have to find time, and a ML.

Lcornice, you rock. I'm glad 3B can shoot the ML season now, always felt a little ripped about that, but not bad, never had time anyway. Of course, now I might have to find time, and a ML.

That's one of those quiet changes that nobody detected. It's definitely a good one. Muzzleloaders are my favorite topic and there are a lot of good ones out there. The gun in my 15 minutes of fame on the Star Tribune lead story is an old Knight MK-85. Great gun but it's not made anymore.