• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mega dealer stores closing?

primetime49

There was a certain mega store dealer that is closing out on Hwy 10 in St Cld. They have another location on 94 in the NW metro that also is closing. Heard from the salesman that their location in Brainerd is staying open.

Guess these gas prices are really having an effect, huh?

CRYSTAL-PIERZ MARINE REACTS TO SOFTEST MARINE MARKET IN MORE THAN 40 YEARS

Company to close stores, cut workforce and

slash prices on more than 700 boats.

Minneapolis, MN (July 18, 2008) – Crystal-Pierz Marine announced today it is taking several necessary steps to keep itself viable in the struggling marine market. The company plans to close roughly 60% of its stores and lay off about 100 employees. “To be blunt and honest, this really sucks!” says Crystal-Pierz Marine President Luke Kujawa. “The market is serving us some of the toughest challenges ever. We’re making the decisions necessary to assure a successful business in this newly defined marine landscape while also being able to meet our number one goal of serving our customers.”

Kujawa says the company is planning to close stores in the following locations: Rogers, Forest Lake, St. Cloud, Duluth, Lake Mille Lacs (seasonal location) and Clear Lake, IA. In order to prepare for the store closing, Crystal-Pierz Marine will hold an unprecedented, once in a generation sale to liquidate more than 700 boats at all locations.

“We’re offering financing options and asking folks to make us an offer. We need to move these boats, parts and accessories and hoping customers will take advantage of the opportunity,” Kujawa adds.

Customers can visit any Crystal-Pierz location to shop the liquidation sale or check it out online at www.crystalpierz.com

Anyone has Questions, please feel free to contact myself.

I think that they have 11 or so stores. I've looked at their liquidation prices and they don't appear to be so by my definition of the word. Too bad for the employees. I know that the son Luke had just taken over the operations last year and sounds like they had a nice improvement. Hopefully they can whether the storm.

doesnt help that once lund pulled there boats out of there stores..now 1 year later they are closing 1/2 there stores..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that Lund had nothing to do with CPM not selling Lund anymore. That was another brilliant move by Brunswick. They forced CPM to make a choice.

Regarding the comment about the bad service. CPM in St. Cloud treated me very good when it came to some warranty work on my boat. You are going to find disgruntled customers with any dealer or manufacturer.

I would put the blame on the poor economy(result of gas prices). All of the boat manufacturers are struggling. Not just the dealers. The ones that have a high number of international sales are the manufacturers that aren't struggling as badly.

Ya, CPM had to close some stores. I feel sorry for the employees that are without work now but the company as a whole will probably weather the storm OK. Its the smaller "Ma and Pa" owned dealers that are really feeling the pain right now. Hopefully they also sell mopeds and lots of them.

Nels

Agreed. Not selling Lunds or the type of service being provided had nothing to do with the closures. Read the first line in BNS's post! That is the reason why, not some thought-up excuse.

As a boat owner the worst part is it really starts to limit your choices of quality repair shops, and being able to comparison shop dealer to dealer.

The current Lund dealer in St. Cloud has also been strugling, I was told a few weeks ago the couldn't justify having a mechanic on site with the lack of business. Sounds like another one may be closing soon??

I have a friend who has a buddy that works for one. Heard about this last week. That sucks for the employees. Which I had the money to take advantage of the prices though.

Don't be fooled. The high demand fishing rigs will still command a high ticket price.

Pleasure boats are probably another story.

- Wish

This economy has affected every business out there. One will see more of these type deals in the short future. CPZ is not the only one. Housing market is poor, gas and food are high and people are not spending money on anything they don't have to purchase.

Has nothing to do with what CPZ does.

i disagree. Fishing boats has been down this year by a huge % from years past.

Has anyone actually checked the prices on the fishing rigs??

I still would be very surprised if they are discounted as much as they would like you to believe, in spite of the overall decline.

Lets try to stay on topic. Thanks

Sorry Harvey. The gas bill just came yesterday and the post hit a nerve.

It's a shame that CPM had to close some stores. I hope the others are able to make it through the difficult times ahead.

First it was the steep increases in aluminum, now this. Hopefully they can survive this one too.

I'm fortunite that I already own a rig and I take good care of things. Hard to get and hard to replace. They will not be getting any less expensive in the future.

- Wish

If you want a general explanation for the predicted higher natural gas prices you can shoot me an email and I'll give you some insight on it instead of messing up this thread.