• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to the site!

PIKEONTHEICE

Hey everyone! This fishing web site rocks! I've been fishing in Minnesota ever since I can remember and love it even more today. I like to read/see (videos) of the great fish being caught! I have lots of great fishing stories to be told, hopefully I can share some of them with you guys and Gals. Good luck out there!

Now as most fishing stories are told, this is a true story. When I was 7 years old my best friend Ben, dad took us out in the boat fishing for Bens birthday. Now wait it gets better, so were trolling around this lake, on a nice warm sunny day, just came through a channel and WAMMO something nails my rig. Oh did I mention I'm using a snoopy rod and reel, brand new out of the box! So Bens dad kills the motor and I'm realing and realing like mad, and Bens dad says your in the weeds! And I was just about to say, I think its a fish, when the fish takes a run and spools off a ton of line, ok maybe 5 feet. After what seemed like a long long time I (Bens dad) was able to get this beast landed, it was Wally, 8lbs 1oz to be exact! I think he was more excited than me, so needless to say I got my picture taken at the local bait store and mounted the fish, still have it today. The rest is history, I think maybe thats what hooked me on fishing! Good luck out there!

i too am very new so welcome aboard from a rookie. when i first started i posted the topic "so who all uses this site' i was amazed at all the different people. check that one out as well as one that talks about where each person's name comes from.
keep the fables, i mean stories coming.
gophish.