• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black & white

There are so many great images in this forum, I wish some of you would try submitting in B&W. I feel that by eliminating color you eliminate the emotion it creates and are left form and composition.

I have alway wanted to try a 4 X 5 view camera but never had the guts to take the plunge.

A lot of my nature photography is quite color dependent. I use color very consciously to make statements.

I occasionally come across nature images that look excellent in B&W, and of course quite a lot of wedding and portrait work looks smashing in B&W, though those images aren't something I tend to share in here.

But you are right in your statements on form and composition, and it's always a good reminder to use B&W to help us think strongly in those terms.

Agreed, the right picture in BnW makes it pop. My girlfriend made a collage from pictures of a hike we went on and made the center pict BnW. Not the best pict but here is the collage. I plan on trying more black and whites...

p7221819wb9.jpg