• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vertical pin sights

Cooter

I used a Trophy Ridge Flatliner sight two years ago - I really liked the vertical pin design, but overall didn't care for the sight as far as durability and adjustments. Doesn't seem like there are too many other vertical pin sights on the market to choose from other than adjustable models.

So I'm wondering, are vertical pin sights not very popular? I personally would like to see more options.

Coots- I have tried them as well.. And really like the concept. However, I'm not totally sod!.. I like to be able to focus on my target! If the pin is for the exact distance, all the better, hair is going to fly and stuff is going to bleed!!!! With Vertical pins you get more horizontle viewing, which is great.. But to gap shoot(between distances) you have to cover your exact target, and what you cover it with is not your sight pin.

When I aim, I am for a hair, not a spot.. aim small , miss small. that type of sight did not allow me that.. But then again, what works for one, may or may not work great for someone else.

I say try it, you may love it.. It just didn't work for me.