• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where To Get A Replica

TMF89

Well I'm back from Reindeer Lake, with a 44", 25lber to my name!

I'm looking for a replica, with two things in mind.

1. I don't want a glossy finish like a lot of fish are getting these days, I think it looks unrealistic.

2. I want to be able to pick out a white spot on the pike in my picture, and find that spot on the replica. In other words I don't want A mount, I want MY mount, one that's 100% accurate to my picture.

Suggestions?

Agreed on the Lax suggestion....you won't be disappointed.

TMF89: How did the rod/reel/tackle tips we sent you up with all work out? Any details on the big fish?

Congrats!

They worked awesomely, I'll post a full report when I'm up to it, but it'll be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng one, lol!

In the meantime, 44 inches and 25 pounds, anyone?

DSCN1096.jpg

Glad to hear the trip went well, the rest of us (me) are jealous! Quite honestly Reindeer Lake could be called a trip of a lifetime, nice to hear it met expectations.

That's a great looking pike, really nice markings and quite the belly hang!

Yeah, doesn't look like she was starving!

I'm also interested in good recommendations for a replica. I'm thinking about getting one made for a walleye. I also am not a huge fan of the glossy finish.

The replica was done in the mid 1990's so the price wouldn't be accurate today. I know Artistic Angler's run a Sportshow special where you get a $2/inch discount. You have to wait until MArch or April to place the order though. Replica's are not cheap but they last forever.

Fittante does the best work that I've seen. His fish are all glossy that I've seen though, don't know if he does them without this or not. I have a replica done by Fibertech and am happy with it.

Walleye Guy is right,

Go with Matt Yetarnich (artistic anglers) out of Duluth. They do all our mounts and they do an awesome job. We have been using them for the past 8 years and I know quite a few other resorts that use him exclusivly.

One great thing that they offer is 100% lifetime warranty.

I'll put in for Fibertech out of Nisswa as they have done a great job for me and even did a redo when the color wasn't what my picture showed. I think that was 12 an inch. Nice fish by the way.