• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley gulp baits

axel grease

I can see that Bio-bait has a very good folowing on this site. If I could find it locally I would most likely buy some. Is catch n tackle the only place to obtain Bio-bait?

If Bio-bait is unobtainable locally would Berkley gulp bait be a good substitue?

The new gulp products arew working well for me this winter. I get the product that looks like a huge waxie and comes in jars. Simply slice off a piece an eighth of an inch thick from the end of one of these and hang on the hook. Sunfish and craps will readily hit the stuff. My two biggest beefs are: it is seldom good for multiple fish and if left in the open air it will dry out and is no good then. By putting a half one of these baits on the hook of a swedish pimple or a small kastmaster and jigged, I have taken some very nice trout. The white, chartreuse and orange have all been producers for me.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]

I have tried the gulp baits this winter with a little success, but it still isn't even close to the success that I have had with real bait.

In my opinion real bait will always outperform the fake stuff, even if it is made with real bait. And, for the price of the gulp baits, you could get some real bait for the same price.

I've used the power maggots with pretty good results. While real bait out-fishes it most of the time, there have been a few times when the power bait caught more fish. I figure a jar will last me years, so it doesn't hurt to take it along and try it if things are tough.

Axel Grease,
Sorry Bio-Bait is not readily available in your area for retail, yet... the product is very new and just now doing "baby steps"! It being only about nine months old.
I just sent samples to Jim Tate at Scheels Sports Store (College Square Store in Iowa) for him to see. He may recommend it to other Scheels Stores.
It takes some time to get the "retail thing" process started. Richard Smith (owner of Bio-Bait) just got the right 6mm bags and header card done this week for presenting Bio-Bait to retail.
So... it is just starting. smile.gif
I can not wait, being as I am the national distributor!
As for how you can get Bio-Bait... and fast, you have a couple of options.
You may order online from www.catch-n.com and I most times can ship next day by Priorty US Mail, or you may send a personal check made to:
Catch-N Tackle
1035 Robert Pl. SW
Owatonna, MN 55060.
I most often ship the next day after I get your check. Remember to add shipping and MN tax (no shipping on orders over $25.00).
Either way on internet or mail orders, I make sure that Fishing Minnesota gets a "commission" (this helps out our FM Family site ands lets Rick pay some bills here).

I am working hard on getting Bio-Bait into retail stores. Right now it is only at Blue Water Bait & Sports in Bemidji, MN .
If you will kindly relate our contact information to your local bait shop, I will gladly sell Bio-Bait to them.
I do support local bait shops, they are the backbone of the industry!
Shop owners should have their tackle distributors contact me at Catch-N Tackle or, shops may contact me directly.

I have a long history with Berkley. I have used Berkley Power Baits (grubs & worms) for years & years. I am quite sold on them, they work! I have used Crappie Nibbles with good success too. I have not tryed Gulp.
I am solid sold on Bio-Bait... which I see as never replacing real live bait. Bio-Bait is a great addition to dress with any plastics, however! It is also extremely handy!
Thanks for your support and interest.
Dave Hoggard
Catch-N Tackle
Owatonna, MN

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 01-22-2004).]

I've been using the Berkley Power Nibbles for a few years & they work excellent tipped on a jig for winter panfish. I recently bought some of the Gulp baits but have yet to use them much. I tried the earthworm Gulp for the 1st time last weekend & caught a few trout. I'll have to try it crappie fishing this weekend & report back. Vern