• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keep Blowing Marine Speakers

Sandmannd

So I put a stereo in the boat a couple of years ago and have gone through two sets of speakers. They just keep going out. Anyone have any idea what's going on with them? It's different sides of the boat. Just can't figure you why they would go out. Do you need to use special speaker wire for them?

Sand,

What brand of speaker are you running?

Also see what the rated watts is for your speaker and what you deck output watts per channel is. If your deck puts out more watts then the speaker is rated for, this could be an issue. You should find this info on the top sticker on deck and the sticker on the back side of speaker.

Most likely it is the rough environment the speakers are in and or the environment the back side of the speaker is in. That or you run the speakers at full volume all the time, head bang’in grin.

The system I installed is a Pyle system and the speakers looked very well made for the boat than the speakers I have run in the front for years. I just keep them protected the best I can.