• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ND Big Pike

If you had to pick b/t the two lakes what would be your choice for big pike through the ice?

Sakakawea or Devils Lake?

Our dates are Dec.27th-31st OR March 16th-19th

What do you guys think?

Hard to go wrong with either, but if I were choosing between those two lakes and those two dates, I'd take Sakakawea in March. The water is up and should make for better fishing next spring in the bays.

I've always fished the south side, but you could try many different bays and have luck. Beaver Bay is a good one to try and so is Renner. I caught a 45" pike in July pre-fishing for a tourney a few years ago near Beaver Bay. What a monster! I was alone in the boat and managed to net and release it by myself. No camera and the cell phone was dead so all I had for proof when I got back to camp was a 4' slime stain on the floor of my boat grin

If you want to stay close to a main highway than you could work some bays in the Garrison area on the east side of the lake where they've caught big fish in the past too.