• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck bed liner in alum. boat

willowcat

Just wondering if the roll-on type truck bed liner could be put in an alum. boat? I read the can and it doesn't say anything about aluminum. I thought by putting this in my boat it would make for a sound deadening non-slip surface and perhaps sealing any leaking rivets.

I have heard of people doing it in aluminum boat. but my only concern is how much does it weigh? If your not concerned about losing some capacity it would work great.

I did it in a 14 foot aluminum boat I use for duck hunting and it worked great. I did it for same reasons. For the non-slip surface it provides and to seal a few leaky rivets. I figure it added about 2 pounds to the boat after it dried.

I recommend it. It also took the olive drab duck boat paint well too.