• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rapala Ice Rods

Jay R

I have the 30in med action graphite and I like it.It has decent sensitivity and a good backbone to it.I also like that it has an extra guide or two than most ice rods.Can't beat the price for what you get.My .02

i have a 28" medium action and i love the rod. great sensitive tip, a good backbone for fighting, a steal for $15 in my opinion

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.

Hope they are better than their open water rods. Two of my buddies bought a couple of those a year or two ago and they both broke on fighting a fish (northern I think) on the first time out.

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

I have two open water rapala rods and I have had no problem with them, but I haven't brought in any monster northerns, mostly just walleye and largemouths. Setting the hook on big walleyes with my long rod is awesome. Also my seven foot long rod works great for crappies when you can spot them in clear water to get a little closer to them without running them over with the boat.