• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICE SCOUT by Glacier

iffwalleyes

Anyone use one of these. I am think ahead to next year already. I have a otter lodge and while it is nice and I love it for fish with 2 people it gets a little heavy to work with when I am by myself. So I saw these and thought since I fish by myself a lot that they would work well in my situtation being I have a 4 wheeler. So I have a few questions
1. I am a big guy 6'3" 300 lbs will I fit in one of these?
2. It is possible to fish with one of these without being attach to a ATV isn't it?
3. Can you leave it one the ATV when traveling down the road or is it best to detach and put in a pick up when heading down the road?
4. It is possible to fish 2 holes isn't it?
5. How do they handle in the wind?
That should do it for now thanks for the help..

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

FYI, check out www.ryansatvracks.com they have the HAND-E-HOUSE and was at the last Iceleaders event. It's bigger than the glacier, you can fish two lines, it's 6' tall so you ( most of us ) can stand up in it. They stay on the ATV all the time, you can load it in the back of your truck and drive down the freeway no problem.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I went straight to Glacier to get your answers for you:

INQUIRY:

Anyone use one of these. I am think ahead to next year already. I have a otter lodge and while it is nice and I love it for fish with 2 people it gets a little heavy to work with when I am by myself. So I saw these and thought since I fish by myself a lot that they would work well in my situtation being I have a 4 wheeler. So I have a few questions

1. I am a big guy 6'3" 300 lbs will I fit in one of these?
Answer: We actually have a representative who is the same measurements as you and has no problem fitting in the Ice Scout, with his heavy jacket as well. So that may be reassuring to you, there.

2. It is possible to fish with one of these without being attach to a ATV isn't it?
Answer: I don't believe so. Once you get up it may tip over, and there would be no extra support in winds.

3. Can you leave it one the ATV when traveling down the road or is it best to detach and put in a pick up when heading down the road?
Answer: It folds back up and straps securely to your ATV for easy transportation. No need to take it off. This also allows extra storage for your auger, rod, locator, etc. Just strap it all right with the shelter.

4. It is possible to fish 2 holes isn't it?
Answer: Yes one directly in front and one more behind, or you also have 30" to work with width wise.

5. How do they handle in the wind?
Answer: They are made specifically as windbreakers for you. As long as you keep it attached to the ATV you will have no problem. Glacier also offers Ice Anchors which come with instructions for added security.

I hope this answers your questions for you. If you need anything further, please go to the Ice Fishing Gear link above and look for the Glacier link. Thank you for your inquiries!

P.S. Glacier 2's and Glacier 3's have a sled for easy towing across the ice and offer even more room. They are very light, and some people tow these right behind their ATV with all the gear strapped in as well. That way they can fish with one or two people or by themself, and with up to three holes. So that is another option for you!!! We've sold 1000's of all styles!!!!

Alright thanks Rick I will have to looking into those before next season. I think they would be sweet when I am just running with my 4 wheeler. The otter is tough to bet when there is more than just myself but I want something lighter for when I am fishing alone.