• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warning about Thorne Bros Rods

iffwalleyes

My caution was that I'm a sucker for price tags. I often associate higher cost with products being better. Most of the time, it's true. However, I can look in my basement or garage and wonder why the heck I bought some of my stuff. So, if these are the real deal, then I have no problem buying some more. I actually hope that is the case. I love fishing with quality stuff. Again, thanks to all that have helped out.

I use electrical tape on my summer rods also. Using all cork handles are very comfortable and warm when its cold. It works great and no bulky reel seats.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

I used to use electical tape for many years to attach reels to my tennesee handles. But now I use "Tommy Tape", a self-fusing silicone repair tape. Cut off 8", and start applying it... you need to stretch it out for it to fuse as your applying it. Works awesome.

------------------
-FNC

"get on the natch"

Where do I look for this Tommy Tape? I would like to try it.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

I have a TB deadstick, love it, and just ordered a power noodle. I wanted a shorter rod that will trick fish into thinking the bait isn't attached to anything, like my TB deadstick does.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the TB power noodle?

WARNING!! If you use electrical tape to secure your reels to your rods, first put on that cheap white masking tape. the real cheap stuff. Otherwise if you ever remove the electrical tape from the cork it will either be very sticky or you can pull some of the cork off. I would try that Tommy tape. Electrical tape can get sticky when it gets hot or old. I had Pat from TB put my reels on my rods with electrical tape and before he put on the tape he used the real cheap masking tape first(The white stuff).
If this is your first TB rod you will love it. Its way better then the Genz rods.

Stopped home for a late lunch and much to my surprise guess what was at my door. My new TB Walleye Sweetheart!! Of course I have to go back to work, but if nothing else, TB's sure has incredible service. Ordered it yesterday and in Milwaukee today. The rod looks to be very nice.

Kudos to Thorne Bros thus far!

[This message has been edited by Big Sky (edited 01-23-2004).]