• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow Devils - Myth or Reality?

Sko

Going on a South Dakota fishing trip in a couple of weeks, and have been anxiously awaiting my delivery of Glow Devils I ordered on Dec. 19th. I heard some were being shipped out about two weeks ago, but not to my house. Thus, I am starting to wonder if these are just a big myth?

After hearing all the GLOWING comments about them I order a couple cards to try. Every time I've tried them I've ended up going back to the pimple. I've got 20 to 30 hours of fishing time on various colors with little to show for it, but fishing always improves when I go to the pimple. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I wouldn't say that there is anything magical about them.

So if you were fishing for crappies and perch, what size would be best? 1/16 I have found a store that has all colors and a good price. Don't have a lot of money, but willing to buy some. Just wondering on size! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Duckman8,

The 1/16oz is a good choice for crappies and perch. Red glow and glow perch are both awesome colors, as is the pink and white. Sometimes up-sizing to the 1/8oz is a good choice as well. I like to tip my Glow Devils with maggots when fishing crappies and perch, minnow heads are good too. The 1/8oz are good for a perch/walleye combo too.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

The glow red have been a hot ticket for a lot of species for me so far this year. Crappies, walleye, perch, and catfish. The glow perch and chartruese/orange are a couple other good colors. But like Northlander said, the situation doesn't always call for a spoon when your out on the ice.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

The glow red has been dynamite for me this year. When all else fails I go to the glow red and it usually produces. Have caught pike, walleye, perch, and crappies this year. The other color I have had decent success on is the hammered gold.

As with all lures there are times when they shine and times that something else will work a little better.I personally have at least one tied to a rod all the time.I have had some really good success with them for a number of species.
I think the fact that they are having trouble filling orders is testiment to the fact that they really do work.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

If you are indoubt, check the Archives. I have written extensively on this subject. They are my go to spoon always!

As for not getting the product you ordered, I can't help there. But I bet someone is working to clear that up already.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I'm not doubting that they work. I would just like a simple answer as to when??

It would have been nice to know that they were on backorder at he time of ordering.

If its going to take a month to get them thats fine.Just tell everyone so we are'nt waiting like a kid on christmas.

I get depressed everyday I open the mailbox and no Devils inside frown.gif

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

Please practice CPR!
Catch,Photo,Release!

I had the same problem but I called and talked to rick and he cleared things up , turned out they mailed the eye's and devils but the good ole blaine post office dropped the ball [ not the first time] and sent them some where else,now rick has me a new set coming, so give them a call. thanks again rick for all your help.

------------------
Icedog1

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I talked with Jeff of Scenic Tackle, he told me they shipped enough to fill every order we have and more so we will not be in backorder status.

When you order now it does say backordered. It's first come first served as well. Bear in mind that if we are ever in backorder status again, it will state that on your order.

If you really want your Glow Devils or Angel Eyes fast and at a great price, now is the time to order. We expect to have them no later than Thursday and will fill all outstanding orders. We will also be able to fill a number of new orders right away.

I advise you to order now to get your orders late this week or early next week.
smile.gif

Thanks all for your patience. We do appreciate it VERY much.