• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

West Metro Tigers

I'm taking my Dad out early on Sunday morning and he'd like a shot at a Muskie. There are quit a few options in that neck of the woods. (Pierson, Wasserman, Eagle, etc.) Any of you been doing any good on any of these lakes? My Dad has never landed a tiger and I would really like to put him on something (or at least give him a fighting chance!)

Any advice?

If you don't want to post it here shoot me an email. It's in my profile.

Thanks

Wasserman gets my vote too, nice to be able to cover the lake in one morning. 3/4oz spinnerbait and you'll have a great tiger bait as well as a bonus bass/northern lure too. I've had a few smaller tigers this year on that bait, still fun to catch though!

Weaver in Maple Grove is an option too, but traffic is up on the lake by 8:00AM on the weekends.

Good luck!

Glad to help!

I've not been on Pierson, but I read the DNR lake survey info online. It talked about water quality issues. If you've been out there and it's not so bad it's definitely an option. Those surveys can be dated and somewhat misleading.

If boat activity picks up and makes it harder to cast, consider trolling a bit too with your bigger walleye/bass crankbaits. It can produce too.

I hit Wasserman from 5am til noon today. You were righe cjac, white was the way to go! I boated 2 tigers, at 29 and 38 inches respectfully. And I got a bonus 36 inch northern! I fished bass for an hour and got several decent bucketmouths under the docks.

All the fish were shallow. (less than 6 feet) And as I said before, white was the color.

Thanks for all the tips!