• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A night of Upgrades....

Whisker Warrior

Nope, I don't recall ever saying the spawn started. I did make a post saying that all the sudden the big fish are MIA, possibly suggesting that they are busy doing something other than eating.

Just think, if we all sat here and guessed then nobody would be out there fishing to report what was really going on.

I go off of scarred fish, every year as far back as I remember, after I get back from my 4th of july fishing trip when I go out fishing, I see scarred cats. I will at times walk the creeks near me and find big cats trying to swim up stream in 6 inches of water. I make it a point to walk the creeks and look for big cats the week I get back. It is by no means full proof.

I think this year anyway was a little later down here then it was up there. All of you fishing north of Jordan were talking of very light biters and small fish, as I was hitting bigger ones consistant with big heavy bites. Then about a week later, I got the slight tap bites down here.

Are you basing your thoughts on the comparison of your catching quantity and size ratio to last years performance?

Pretty much that. Sounds like most of my cattin buddies around these parts, including myself didnt start experiencing the effect of the spawn until the 2nd week in July last year...this year I heard lots of talk about it and noticed the lack of big fish in late june. But like hanson said, whether that was the spawn or the water dropping or the temps is anyone's guess.

Wow, I just noticed that Drew and Darren are the only 2 guys that are in the green on both channels and flatheads! Congrats, guys. Hours put in are paying off big time for you two. John (wwg) is the latest victim of the leaderboard shuffle. He's out tonight, we'll see if he comes back with an upgrade.

Wow, I just noticed that Drew and Darren are the only 2 guys that are in the green on both channels and flatheads!

I don't want to jinx myself, but 5 days fishing the Red River in a couple weeks should add another one to the green on both sides. grin

Flathead fishing is back to the way it should be. Work hard and put some time in at solid spots, and it will pay off. Fish are biting out there, but it is a little tougher to pinpoint them compared to spring time.