• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you guys put Ranger boats in a class of their own? Or is it just me

ZEEK1223

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the charge system I was able to leave my boat on a lift for an entire weeks vacation without plugging it in. I am sure there are some Warrior's out there that have problem's just as there are some Ranger's with cracked transom's as described in an earlier post it's bound to happen. But I have had no problems with mine.

I had owned 2 Warriors prior to purchasing a Ranger and had excellent customer service from them. The only reason I bought the Ranger was I was able to get it fully rigged for about $5000 less than a 2005 2090 warrior. I bought my 2005 620T used in 2007. Brought it to the dealer(Central Marine in Carlos) to have the warranty transfered end of Nov 2007. They sent pictures to Ranger and were told to send it to Flippin. Something was wrong with the transom. They took all the stuff(motors, gps modules, transducers, rod buckles etc) off of my boat and put in on a new boat. They replaced entire hull, seats & pedastals. Sent to Flippin the end of Nov 2007 returned in May of 2008. My cost was $100 to transfer warranty. I dont know how many other boat mfg would do that. Other than the length of time it took that sure seemed like pretty good customer service.

Would I buy another Ranger? probably. Would I buy another Warrior? probably. Both boats good I guess it would come down to $$$

eyewarrior

I dont' have Ranger, or anything for or against. But I took some test rides on Okeechobee in the 520 bassboats, very, very nice boats. Great fishing platforms and all. But honestly, I was not impressed with the ride. It wasn't "bad" or anything like that, just not what I had expected. Maybe becasue it was flatter bassboat, but I was lead to believe it was the best thing since sliced bread... before I rode in them. I just wasn't overly impressed.

With that said, I rode for a day with a guy was on a Wheaties box, in a 519, and we had a great time and he drove through stump fields, within 15 feet of another Ranger going FAST (those southern boys drive their boats different down there, thats for sure!) and I had a hoot!

It just wasn't that great a difference from my tin boat ride, though is more a walleye boat, so less speed and more V. Haven't ridden in a 6 series, so cant say, I heard they are very nice...

If your talking 2 used boats same size same year similar condition? And 1 is more than the other I would say that boat must hold it's value better another "little thing" in it's favor?

I thought Warrior they had a problem with the floors falling out or something like that I do like the Warrior battrey system though that is nice But I have a friend that can rig that system up in any boat. its just a few minor adjustments. Now warrior is coming out with a bass boat to try and compete with Ranger dont get me Wrong Both are great great boats would love to fish out of either one and I have. I just currently have a ranger and really like it. Which one holds value better? I really dont know just wondering.

If your talking 2 used boats same size same year similar condition? And 1 is more than the other I would say that boat must hold it's value better another "little thing" in it's favor?

Either that or I was just able to get a good deal on the Ranger. If you look at boats for sale on other sites the depreciation is about equal. Ford or Chevy more like Caddilac or Lincoln or should I say Suburban to Excursion? Both have pros & cons. Like I said I would have no problem buying either.

eyewarrior

no i only have a 115 suits me just fine I dont like to waste to much gas its getting expensive these days.

I would have to agree with you there you just said Ranger was better cuz it was faster. I don't see were that is true!

I think it's been discussed that Warriors hold equal or better value. I would actually hope Rangers would hold there value better as they are more money to begin with but that doesn't seem to be the case.

$5,000 more up front for another $1,000 down the line isn't a good deal in my mind! I am sick of typing time for someone else to battle the Ranger cult!J/K smile

Warrior transom on Ranger hull. Ranger pedestal placement in a Warrior. Ranger speed with Warrior big motor. Put them together and you'd have a boat that nobody could argue about which is better. Ranger - Warrior are you listening?

eyewarrior could be eyeranger