• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NoTwins

UdeLakeTom

Nice try w/ the cutdown garyc but having a low scoring 15 innings means not many position players did contribute.

Now if you're asking about P, then, yes, Chicago Cubs(Zambrano, Marmol, and Dempster with shutdown performances) did contribute.

Unfortunately their teammates could not.

Yeah, and didn't kosuke fukadome have like 9 strikeouts in the all star game? Probably set some sort of record...

Look at your clock, its about time for the cubbies to start choking on the dog!

...and I sure hope every Twins "fan" stayed with the game tonight. Hey, call the kids in and make 'em watch while you're at it. Being blown out in the opening game of a series at the Stadium is never any fun, but there's character to be built, doggoneit!

i watched that drubbing...and stayed with it. At least when they get down so big so early...you don't have to get frustrated later in the night.

Cubs beginning their late season skid earlier than usual?

Gather the children 'round the tube again tonight. Maybe dress them up in their favorite Twins togs... This is how you raise hardcore Twins fans.

At least last night we had a White Sux loss...

It does appear they need lots of bp.

They just stink it up on the road.

considering we had the best record in the division on the road the first half of the season we'll have to disagree on that one Geno!

Gardy couldn't be doing a better coaching job this year and could very well be the Manager of the year in MLB.

Pier,

You mis-read my vague post.

I was talking about the Cubs in reference to the accusation they are beginning to swoon. They are terrible on the road this year and are indeed kind of in a slump. 7-8 All-Stars? Harumph!

Pass the Kool-Aid, Pier...

I know I couldn't do the job, that's not it. I just think Gardy just looks good when the boys are hittin' and when they're throwin' the ball good. Some of the hands-off stuff... lettin' it ride... that might be upper management, I dunno. Just seems like there's more to the job than sayin' that everybone's workin' their tails off and letting the chips fall. It took a public outcry to move No-Go down in the order. What will it take for him to see that when Red Dog is in for Mauer (much too often, by the way) that he doesn't necessarily need to bat him in the 3-hole? (Did I use enough Gardyisms?) wink

Public outcry had nothing to do with Gomez being moved. Where would you hit Redmond? .288 isn't bad for a backup and you would mess up the whole lineup and have everyone batting in an unfamiliar postion? He usually gives the Twins good ab's. I agree with Pier. If the Rays don't win the east, Gardy should be amongst the leaders in Manager of the Year votes in spite of what people on this site think.

Doh. Like I think they listen to the average fan... It's just that everybody and his aunt was saying it weeks before it was done. Maybe I'm just torqued because we use that backup way too often. OPS: Mauer-.871, Red-.663.