• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long before the novilty wears off???/

ZOOM

I know I might get some flack over this question but I so look forward to getting out on the boat in the early spring but now it seems like I can come up with any number of excuses not to go out. Gas price, to hot, to windy, to rainy, to cold.... the list goes on. I'm not lazy and I love to fish but for some reason it seems like every year about this time I just run out of ambition for fishin. Anyone else out there like me?

Try fishing evenings and at night. I have had done very well in the dog days of summer, fishing from 9pm-6 am. Less traffic, cooler, wind usually cuts off in the evenings, and the fish seem to like it as well!

I hear ya' on this one. This spring I had the itch and as soon as the pleasure boaters got out it was all over. It seems as though boating traffic is getting worse and worse every year. I have pretty much given up on going on the lakes during the day because of the amount of morons who decide to operate boats. I think something needs to be done with the license law on the water before that will change. Getting back on topic, I like going out into the evening as others have mentioned.....nothing better than a tranquil evening on the water underneath the stars.

Well I got the boat ready and out on the water prior to the walleye opener (first time in years) but only went out fishing on the boat for the first time, last week. Did manage to get a number of honey do's out of the way though. Life happens, sometimes you get the time to do what you planned on, sometimes you don't, sometimes you build a retaining wall, sometimes you go fishing. It's all good though.

alright you guys talked me into it. I'm headin out tonight. I guess all I needed was a little pep talk. Thanks guys. O and my wife says thanks as well. I think she wants me out of the house.:)

A bad day on the water is better then a good day at work any day IMO. Yes the pontoons, jet ski's, tubers, ect can be a big ol pain in the rump but ill take it over work or laying by my dish any time. Fish early or late and ewe can take them all out of the picture and start enjoying the water again. jm2c

Duck

CFD (Compulsive fishing disorder) is a disease has no cure, drugs have little effect on it. The disease may go dormant(Zoom I think you maybe in the dormant stage) at times but it will always be there. This disease is nothing to be ashamed of. Most everyone has it, some dont even know they have it.

To have support groups such as "Fishing Minnesota" helps us in dealing with this disease.

Now, who wants to say the serenity prayer.

bass fishin is like smoking crack. Its never as a good as the first hit, but you keep going back looking for that same high.

So that's my problem grin

I know I might get some flack over this question but I so look forward to getting out on the boat in the early spring but now it seems like I can come up with any number of excuses not to go out. Gas price, to hot, to windy, to rainy, to cold.... the list goes on. I'm not lazy and I love to fish but for some reason it seems like every year about this time I just run out of ambition for fishin. Anyone else out there like me?

Here is a post I put on the board a couple weeks ago that says about the same thing:

"Actually I find that my unsatisfied hunger for open water fishing (after sitting around all winter drooling about it) has worn off to a different level.

I've gone on a couple really nice trips and have caught some nice fish. Now, with the weather getting HOT (yuck!) I find I'm a little less interested in getting out. And besides, my "honey do" list was getting out of control eek

I know some of you guys will go out in just about anything, but for me May, June, Sept, and Oct are the months I enjoy fishing the most and I try not to let other things get in the way.

I'll still go out now if I get the chance, but I don't give it as high a priority as my prime months. Put another way, I don't neglect as much responsibility during the summer like I do during "prime time."

If I analyze this much, I start to think I have to much money tied up into something I only really enjoy doing 2 months a year. Sometimes I think perhaps I should sell the rig, buy a small car and either hire a guide occasionally, or go with one of 3 friends that have boats.

I guess cabin fever wears of about July. Trouble is it comes around every year.

- Wish

I try to go out twice a week. Weather doesn't usually bother me as long as it's not lightening out. I either go out at six in the evening or six in the morning. That way I avoid a lot of morons on the water. Sometimes I go to smaller bodies of water as well. I never get enough, even in the dog days. If I'm not catching a lot, I still just love to be on the water.

CFD (Compulsive fishing disorder) is a disease has no cure, drugs have little effect on it. The disease may go dormant(Zoom I think you maybe in the dormant stage) at times but it will always be there. This disease is nothing to be ashamed of. Most everyone has it, some dont even know they have it.

To have support groups such as "Fishing Minnesota" helps us in dealing with this disease.

Yeah I got out last night and with that big old moon up there It was hard to leave the lake by 12:30am. work comes early though so I had to. I Caught 1 small walleye and tons of rock bass and a few crappie.I didnt bring any fish home but it was fun and I'm glad I went. You guys sure know how to get a guy pumped up for fishing LOL. I think I might be haveing a relaps of (cfd). Thats one disease I dont want a cure for.

Spring is so busy (ya no getin out n doin stuff) with other things that this is the time of year that im itchin to be on the water. It's kinda my own priorities that make me so busy in the early season but now the novelty is wearing off of the (what previous posters are calling morons)fishermen harrassers it's time to get on the lake and RELAX!!