• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Browning BT 99

stam34

i just bought a bt 99 7 weeks ago with adjustable comb and gracoil adj stock . i have been shooting clays for about ten years and my average is probably around 45. i have always shot o/u usually the btm barrel. now that i have asingle barrel i can not hit my straight away birds at all but my rights and lefts are find does anybody have any suggestions on what im doing wrong . also my gun before was a browning xt o/u .

A guy that I shoot with got one a couple of years ago and if memory serves me correct, I remember him stating that he had to hold a tad lower then what he was use to with his O/U. Just a thought??

assuming that your bt99 has a high rib you want to see a little of the target when shooting unlike your normal field guns that you have to cover the target completely when shooting. i don't know of your o/u was a field model or not but i think all bt99's have a high rib and so you want to see the target when shooting, also depends on where you're comb is adjusted to. you might have to shoot a lot of practice rounds just to get use to it, i had to this year when i bought a new o/u i couldn't hit worth a darn right away either.

follow through your shot! i was doing the same thing last year.

i was so used to shooting my winchester for grouse and when i switched to my browning for duck hunting, and i was missing the crossing shots. i couldn't understand what i was doing wrong, until my dad was watching me shoot clays.