• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boilerguy's 1st flathead

harvey lee

Rumor has it that the Boilerguy, southern Minnesota's finest, will be attacking the Minnesota River this weekebd in search of his first mudeye. Lets all cheer him on as he attempts to become a true riverrat.

This spring Eric got hooked on sturgeon and now, the mudeye's.

southern Minnesota's finest

At what?!?!??!

Yes, I'll be on the river this weekend. Looking forward to it. I've fished my share of rivers in my life (Miss, Red, Rainey, Rum, Black, Snake, Nile, Thames) But I've never fished the Minnesota, or caught a flathead before.

Just in case the fishings slow, I'll have a couple days worh of PBR in the cooler for shore lunch. grin

I hope he don’t get one grin!

No no, better yet I hope he gets a 15lber and then spends the next couple years trying to top that wink. That is cat fishing! grin

No dude, PBR or Blatz, it is all good!

See ya Sat! smile

jeeeeeeeeeez step up to the luxury of Busch Light hey that is gettting started at 2 o clock right i might jsut come down to grill and soak up some knowledge dont know if the work schedule is perfectly clear for that night yet but grilling sounds lik fun

We will get fish only it may be on Friday night. I planned it for 2 nights thinking that could happen. If all fails and fishing get tough, we will just pour a little PBR on the bait and that should do it.

I'm monkey enough for the boat.

Good Luck on your quest BG. The bite has been hit or miss the past few weeks.

I had the monkey along with last night and wouldn’t ya know it that I caught a Flat less than 5 minutes after anchoring.

Too bad it took 3 hours to get another one.

Monkey good or bad????

I didn’t take any chances, so he became a stowaway once again grin Tag your it.

I was wondering where he ended up. Maybe we should give him to BG. Maybe BG can change the monkey's luck! Mutual luck-bringing?

I got skunked last night for the first time in a while. Not like I've been catching monsters, but at least I've had some small fish action lately, which gets a guy's hope up. But last night, I had not even a single bite! That is the slowest outing I've seen all season (I guess by definition, getting ZERO bites would be the slowest...it's hard to get NEGATIVE bites in one night). I guess the boat had 3 bites total, and 3 fish in the boat, so it's not a total bust, but all of the fish were under 9 lbs (funny, the biggest of the 3 was a channel cat!). And usually I'm used to a bit more hit and run action, or swing and miss. Heck, usually I miss a couple-three bites myself!

On a different note....totally UNRELATED to the monkey finding a new home...Shamu, will you by any chance be at the KOTC gathering? smile

No monkey needed in my boat. Fish are still coming in the boat, but several have been swung in bass style lately. Maybe I can stick a big one again this year at the gathering.

Fish are still coming in the boat, but several have been swung in bass style lately.

God, aint that the truth. Starting to feel like Jimmy Houston out there. With the cats swinging over the side of the boat.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
We might have some monkey business in the boat but NO monkey in the boat.

Tom,

Something about this just does not sound right grin

I don't think I even want to know. crazy

good luck on the mud dog if your a beer drinker try the new lakemaid new from the new ulm brewery. it has your catch under the cap my biggest is a 49 pound muskie but i like to see ne catfish under it