• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New addition to the family

machohorn

Just got a spanking new Chocolate lad, 7 weeks. Wifey was not too pleased because our Daughter is getting married the Sat. after Labor day. With all the reliticks and outlaws comming to town she did not want to have the house smelling like puppy ( you know potty stuff) Well when I bought it it was under the conditions that if it was either puppy or divorce that I could return it by this Wed. Sat was a little rocky to say the least, Sunday she was not speaking too much, told me to call the guy back to return it Monday, Sunday night she started to talk rather then yell at him/me Monday morning I went to work she put him in his new kennel b4 she left for work. 8:00 she e-mails me and said the guy called and I could bring him back between 5-6, 11:00 am she e-mailed me and said call him back we can keep him if thats OK with me (I think the pup had more power on this one then I did. Well when I left for work today @ 3:30 she was sitting on the steps drinking her coffee petting the pup. I guess women really do change their minds and that just fine with me.

Sweet! Mission accomplished!! Glad to hear you get to keep the little guy. She may have second thoughts in a couple months, you know......when the chewing and biting starts. Just make sure all her shoes are put away. My girlfriend "lost" several pairs of shoes to my pup. And you know how those girls like their shoes! grin Good luck with the new addition.

Last dog we had the girls wanted to train it, ( thought I might be too ruff) Well he only ate 1 of my shoes, and at least 6 pairs each of #1 , #2 daughter and moms shoes. They always wondered why he never liked mine lol. Beagle friggin chewing machine. ate a hole in my wall and buried a bone, chewed up the bottom of fridge. every outside corner of trim boards, 1 garden hose,(pssst. he never ate another one) my dieing Dads oxygen hose. That was funny he called my wife and said his hose is a little short and if I could stop and get another, When I got home his 60' of hose was nowabout 1 foot, he had his face up to the tank all day.

My parents have a dog that had an obsession with wires. He chewed the lights of my dad snowmobile trailer 3 times. Realizing how bad this could be they tried to keep wires hidden from lamps, televisions etc. Well one day he got to the cord on a lamp. He never chewed on wires again (he survived).

Just the opposite happened to me: My husband did not want a dog!!

The last dog he had was a hunting dog he loved so much, and someone in his hometown shot it, right in the yard. So, he couldn't bring himself to get another dog.

Well, in January, I started talking about getting a Bichon Frise (as I am allergic to other breeds) and he said absolutely not.

On Feb. 29 I brought home a 2 year old rescue Bichon named Duke. Then, hubby said ok, but not in our bedroom, then it was not in our bed. Now it's - he can sleep with us, but has to be still.

Hubby loves this little guy. It's amazing what the dog can do to melt your heart.

Always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Returning a puppy, I know I would never be able to do that.

Heck - when people ask me to watch their dogs I have a hard time giving them back.