• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stamped Concrete

Coach1310

Hello all. We are looking into pouring a patio and I really like the look of stamped concrete. What does the process entail? Anyone have an idea of cost? Anyone have some experience/had it done...how do you like it? Thanks for any info.

The process Ive seen is they use rubber mats with colored powder. First they poor the concrete then dust the concrete in sections then they lay the rubber matt, that has texture to it, then they tamp or pond the rubber matt until the concrete accepts the texture. when cured they put sealer on. Then That's pretty much the jist of it. There maybe other techniques out there.

Ive seen some really neet patterns out there. Its the way to go if you cant afford a brick on sand patio. I'm not sure of the longevity, But I'm sure they hold up longer than plain concrete.

Word of advice any patio is only as good as the base it sits on. to lessen chance of cracks use rebar and at least 4 inches of gravell for base. With out them it will crack over time in my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy. They are verry attractive

I pour approx. 8-10 stamped concrete pads every year. Croixflats pretty much explained a majority of how its done. The three main things to decide are concrete color, release agent(the powder to keep stamps from sticking to concrete), and the stamp pattern. Costs for stamped concrete vary with the colors and pattern chosen, along with the size of the slab. Prices usually range from 10-15 per sq. ft.

I also do about that same amount each year. We use a liquid release which keeps you a bit cleaner. Stamped is the way to go. The look is just phenominal. A plain border around the edge looks good with stamped in the middle. Choose colors that look good against the house. any other questions send me an e-mail.

Jake