• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Soft Bait Brand

ocf1

I saw the Saying on the Mister Twister Products that says "Americas Favorite Soft Baits" And I got to thinking... What is everyones favorite brand? Mine Would have to go to Berkely. Ive got more Berkley baits than anything else.

Its a toss up. If we are talking bass and a fat wallet, Yamamoto Baits for sure. If we were a little lower on the boards and in the walleye forum, it would be Berkley Gulp. Panfish, Berkley or Mr. Twister. I also like Zoom and Yum products. I really don't think I could have a favorite, but all around Berkley is probably at the top of the list.

Boy, tough question. I guess it depends on what I want to throw. I throw quite a bit of Mister Twister baits - Comidas, Finese worms, Tubos, RT Slugs. I always use Zoom chunks on the back of a jig. I have about a dozen different brands of ringworms. I still throw a lot of Super-Dos on a jig or Texas rigged. I guess it just depends on my mood and the fish's mood.

Love Yamamoto but usually use knock offs so in real life Zoom, followed by Lake Fork, then Berkley, then Netbait. Reaction Innovations is good too and love Culprit worms. Don't use Mr Twister or Gulp at all.

but usually use knock offs so in real life Zoom,

huh, I haven't been around fishing that long and not that it matters but I thought zoom got knocked off more than most. I thought they had a lot of sort of originals, trick worms, kind of flukes, brush hogs, toads...but maybe not. I think they are about the only company to not copy the senko.

anyways, for me its ZOOM, like the ultra vibe tails, and lots of colors, good shapes and good prices and can find them about anywhere. But also powerbait and gulp! are great too, but they seem to be changing shapes and shuffling styles in and out a lot so I don't use them often. But for rivers and smallies I love Gulp!

Recently got into Lake Fork Magic Shad... They WORK! For the most part I'm not partial to any one specific brand but I typically use Mr.Twister Exude comidas, Berkley 7 inch twister tail worms and 4.5 inch power tubes, Culprit 7.5 inch twister tail worms, Zoom Chuck jig trailers, and Reaction inovations sweet beaver creature baits. I think I'd try just about anything once. Most likely more than once if I find it works under some conditions. It does get to be a bit much though when you have a bag of plastics that your 3 year old son can't lift....