• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

st.croix river?

my family will be camping at st.croix state park next weekend and plan to do some muskie fishing.Ill be stuck from shore and have never fished a river for muskies before.I have no idea what baits to bring.any help would be awesome.I was there a couple years ago and did have two nice muskies follow my x-rap in but thats the only time ive ever had action from them up there.thanks

don't feel ''stuck'' on shore when fishing the croix. anyway... find an eddy, use a 7'' swim whiz in sucker pattern in the shallow eye, a storm shallow thunder in sucker pattern, white medium sized tandem spinnerbait with silver and gold blades. stay away from bigger baits right now. you can try the WTD too. i don't use them much, but thats me. your x-rap is a good bait too. biggest silver and black husky j e r k you can find is another great one. lot's of pauses and ripping. take a big countdown too. fish the entire eddy from front to back including the middle.find an area with cool water springs or just find an eddy, best if there's both. good luck

Pretty good stuff above, and you're definitely not "stuck" from shore. Don't forget a few bucktails too, they can ride the current and hit the slack water well at the same time.